Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetically, if you won the lottery, would you still own & drive a RAV4.3 (Toyota’s entry-level SUV) ???

I think having a collection with 1 each from all 3 generations would be worthy. Or, buying a bunch of older 4.1’s & 2’s plus some surplus snow blowers; building a track and having friends over for an all-wheel-drive snowball rally. Not, to destroy them like a demolition derby but there would be the inevitable cosmetic damage.

There’s just been a lot of forum talk lately of Dreaming / Ferraris / Muscle cars etc… So, are you a True fan or would you get all upper crust on your RAV4um buddies? There’s no wrong answer of course. What do you think?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If cost is not an issue, I would have my RAV4 converted into a hybrid RAV4 using the same system as the RX400h - now that would be a cool RAV4!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, when shopping for a new vehicle, my wife posed the same question to me. I replied that reliability was the most important feature and that I would therefore likely go with a Toyota or Honda. We had a 1996 4Runner and wanted something a little more up to date, more safety features, more fuel efficient, a bit more powerful while retaining large cargo volume. And, I'm not bragging, but we could have afforded any vehicle (short of, say, a Rolls or Ferrari!) and we went with the RAV4. (6 cylander, Ltd. leather, etc.) Zero regrets.

PS Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the bank could have afforded any vehicle. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would definitely get a RAV4!...but, I would get a V6 with tow package for the new trailer we would tow.

WAIT! Never mind! I would buy a new motorhome to tow the RAV with! :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
RAV4HER said:
Hypothetically, if you won the lottery, would you still own & drive a RAV4.3 (Toyota’s entry-level SUV) ???
Dude...

Not a 4.3 response, but while I'd keep my 4.2 to tinker around town in, I've already got my "lottery house" and "lottery car" picked out.

Aston Martin DB9 Volante

{edit} If I do somehow win the lottery, I would probably go abroad and purchase/import a 4.2 diesel{/edit}

·
Registered
233 Posts
I guess I would have bought an Audi Allroad or BMW 5 Wagon, or MB ML350 if I had more money. Something more emotional. But I am not unhappy with my decision since the RAV4 comes with 3rd row seating. From all the cars we looked at that offered 3rd row, this one is the best one. I tried to make it interesting by adding the V6 and 4x4.

The only problem I have is that this is my first car that is not an emotional buy. I guess that comes with having family.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Honestly I'd convert the Rav4 into the first V6 turbo Rav4 with all the fixings. When I say fixings, I don't mean spinner rims or stupid color scheme. I'd turning that Rav4 into a sleeper monster truck with an upgraded suspension, brakes, turbo, exhaust, intake, engine rebuild to take the extra boost, all controllers, ignition system, stereo, HID retrofit, etc.

Then I'd buy a Ferrari 360 Spider manual.

Set aside $1M to gradually pay off my existing house.

Buy another house in Hilsborough Cal, China, Taiwan, Hawaii and Australia.

Buy investment properties in LA and San Francisco and I start a company to manage them.

Buy dream cars for my family.

Help my wife start her own company.

Diversify the rest into CD's, Bonds, Money Market, mutual funds, gold, and some stocks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd still get the RAV4 that I have (Sport V6), but I'd would have located a Flint Mica one or had mine painted Flint Mica. I'd also get a Honda Element EX (to carry other stuff in it).

I guess I don't have high ambitions/expectations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts