Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2181 - 2200 of 2570 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just talked to a dealer here in the Bay Area, CA that I bought my original RAV4 hybrid from and he says they're marking all Primes up by $5k at launch and there is a waitlist.

At its listed MSRP price point, the RAV4 Prime is not necessarily a no brainer. At any amount of markup it makes less sense even with a tax credit. My dealer contact told me he'd advice me to wait it out too if I have time. I remember dealers doing the same thing when the RAV4 hybrid first came out in 2019...marking it up and acting like demand was constantly exceeding supply.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am eyeing just to lease Ford Escape Titanium as a backup plan if they will be marking up Prime left and right. Just as quick on regular gas and sweet deals can be found. Not worth overpaying for Prime

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just talked to a dealer here in the Bay Area, CA that I bought my original RAV4 hybrid from and he says they're marking all Primes up by $5k at launch and there is a waitlist.

At its listed MSRP price point, the RAV4 Prime is not necessarily a no brainer. At any amount of markup it makes less sense even with a tax credit. My dealer contact told me he'd advice me to wait it out too if I have time. I remember dealers doing the same thing when the RAV4 hybrid first came out in 2019...marking it up and acting like demand was constantly exceeding supply.
Obscene dirty bastards.

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
985 Posts
Obscene dirty bastards.

Yet at the same time (two months after Rav4 HV introduction) I found a dealer giving $3,500 off the highest optioned car then made. It depends on the dealer. My local dealer didn't want to even give me a price. I kept looking.

I was at my local dealer today and was struck by how few new vehicles were on there lot. I'd say 1/3 empty.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yet at the same time (two months after Rav4 HV introduction) I found a dealer giving $3,500 off the highest optioned car then made. It depends on the dealer. My local dealer didn't want to even give me a price. I kept looking.

I was at my local dealer today and was struck by how few new vehicles were on there lot. I'd say 1/3 empty.
I'm not lumping all dealers together on this. I'll find out my price and build date this month and have faith it will not be over MSRP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer on the island said delivery 1st 1/4 of next year, I've had a deposit since the end of November, I included his email in an earlier post. Kaybec gets the most provincial incentives,:rolleyes::rolleyes: $1500 and $2500 prov and fed for us.
Why 1500 and 2500?
Shouldn’t it be 1500 and 5000...maybe I’m wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Phev vs Bev is a tough question to answer, but in my use case, the phev is better. We are a double Chevy Bolt household, and even with the 240 mile range, we still have an old RX for longer trips and when we need more space.

The RAV4 vs model y seems like a debatable comparison but honestly between the current price difference net of rebates/credits, to the long term reliability and resale, I think the RAV4 is the clear winner. Sure Tesla's are hot, he'll I waited 2 hours in line for the model 3 signup and even high fives Elon himself when he stopped by to say thanks to everyone. But the production quality is suspect at best (see panel gaps, horrendous thin paint on the lower rockers) and the service and warranty can be impossible.

With Toyota and the RAV4 you know you'll get a certain level of reliability, and a very high level of resale value. Getting into a fender bender won't result in waiting for body parts for months as they share the same body mostly with the regular RAV4.

Pure BEVs are fun, but I truly think having a longer range PHEV is the best of both worlds. We had strongly considered the Volt to replace our Bolts when they got off lease, but the combo of small interior space plus the car being discontinued killed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The headlights are important to me as I do the majority of my driving at night. Disappointed they're only part of the $5.7k package. As a stand alone option they would put the Prime pricing back in line for me.
Add some aftermarket lighting. They make a lot of DOT/SAE legal auxiliary lighting now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anderson Toyota in N. IL stated MSRP on the contract. They specifically said "they don't mark up". All of their Supras listed/sold for MSRP as well.

Also, can anyone chime in on the appreciable difference between AFS headlights and what comes standard on the higher trims.
I have AFS on another car (Subaru) and they are excellent for mountain roads. Especially with how sharp LED cutoff is, I think it’s a great feature that adds a lot of confidence when driving at night on a twisty road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why 1500 and 2500?
Shouldn’t it be 1500 and 5000...maybe I’m wrong
not for the PHEV, maybe in kaybec.

Effective May 1, 2019, we will provide point of sale incentive for consumers who buy or lease an eligible ZEV.
There are two levels of incentive:
  • Battery-electric, hydrogen fuel cell, and longer range plug-in hybrid vehicles are eligible for an incentive of $5,000
  • Shorter range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are eligible for an incentive of $2,500
To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:

·
Registered
9 Posts
not for the PHEV, maybe in kaybec.

Effective May 1, 2019, we will provide point of sale incentive for consumers who buy or lease an eligible ZEV.
There are two levels of incentive:
  • Battery-electric, hydrogen fuel cell, and longer range plug-in hybrid vehicles are eligible for an incentive of $5,000
  • Shorter range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are eligible for an incentive of $2,500
To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:
Wouldn't this be a long range PHEV?
I guess along that line what is considered long range if this isn't...

thanks for the links!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Is there any info on color options? Same as hybrid XSE?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Colors were confirmed by Torque News (LINK).

Basically the same colors as the XSE with the addition of Supersonic Red (which will likely be a premium color with additional cost like Blizzard Pearl).

RAV4 Prime SE: Super White, Midnight Black Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Blueprint, and Supersonic Red
RAV4 Prime XSE: Blizzard Pearl / Black Roof, Silver Sky / Black Roof, Blueprint / Black Roof, Supersonic Red / Black Roof, and Magnetic Gray Metallic / Black Roof

Is there any info on color options? Same as hybrid XSE?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Colors were confirmed by Torque News (LINK).

Basically the same colors as the XSE with the addition of Supersonic Red (which will likely be a premium color with additional cost like Blizzard Pearl).

RAV4 Prime SE: Super White, Midnight Black Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Blueprint, and Supersonic Red
RAV4 Prime XSE: Blizzard Pearl / Black Roof, Silver Sky / Black Roof, Blueprint / Black Roof, Supersonic Red / Black Roof, and Magnetic Gray Metallic / Black Roof
Supersonic Red + $425.00

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wouldn't this be a long range PHEV?
I guess along that line what is considered long range if this isn't...

thanks for the links!
note that the Rav4P is not on the list, I saw the Prius P and thought that may fit, hopefully we get the long range incentive but guess the feds will determine that......

·
Registered
175 Posts

That sucks... A dealer near me told me they'd charge MSRP + $1200 destination charge

2181 - 2200 of 2570 Posts