Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2501 - 2520 of 2568 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you only want the weather package, you have to get a white car.

-Which I bet means we will be seeing a lot of white ones in new england.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Regarding the Electric vehicle won't make it statement from the last century. Tesla and a bunch of others know this is not the case and are working to make the Electric Vehicle cheaper go further and charge fast. Hybrid may be somewhat
of a temporary patch but in 5 years (my guess there will be no reason for them) Lots of people working on better battery's and it's the only remaining problem that needs to be solved. All the Euro car company's realize this. Why is
Toyota working on a solid state battery. Looks like they are gonna drop the Ball on the Prime cause they didn't realize it
would have a Model 3 like fan base.
The fundamental's didn't support Google or Amazon either .

·
Registered
677 Posts
EVs are required to make auxiliary noises for 2020, right? Anything in any of the videos of what noise the RAV4 makes?
The requirement is 50% of vehicles by September 2019 (2020 models) and 100% by September 2020 (2021 models).

The TFL video has the sound, which appears to be similar (probably identical IMO) to the RAV4 Hybrid.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Everything as expected but handling is crippled. I guess that will be no fun doing twistys

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Actually dig that front end, Toyota should take note
Like I said, number 1. it's foolish and overly speculative to think Tesla is worth more than toyota.
Don't be foolish to underestimate Tesla, oh yeah....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Actually dig that front end, Toyota should take note

Don't be foolish to underestimate Tesla, oh yeah....

Toyota is far more profitable than Tesla, and has far more efficiencies built into their company.

I'm well aware that Tesla stock price is sky high right now. Nikola also has a sky high stock price. Both of them don't have the earnings to support that price (nikola hasn't even sold anything). That means both of them are speculative bubble territory. I've heard of college kids throwing all their money into Tesla without a clue of how the stock market works. We know what happens eventually to all bubbles....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Toyota is far more profitable than Tesla, and has far more efficiencies built into their company.

I'm well aware that Tesla stock price is sky high right now. Nikola also has a sky high stock price. Both of them don't have the earnings to support that price (nikola hasn't even sold anything). That means both of them are speculative bubble territory. I've heard of college kids throwing all their money into Tesla without a clue of how the stock market works. We know what happens eventually to all bubbles....

You are forgetting that Toyota been around for decades so of course they had plenty of time to figure how to be profitable but now Tesla is stepping on everyone toes, including Toyota so they should be worried if they want to stay competitive in this electrification race. So far it's been pathetic while they dangling this carrot in front of us with Prime with limited availability and markups. Also what's helping Toyota is that it's still riding this outdated "most reliable" myth, but as we can see from recent release of Rav4 it's just as bad or as good as any other car maker with number of issues/recalls.

2501 - 2520 of 2568 Posts