Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2841 - 2860 of 2961 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
California Rebates in the Monterey Bay Tri County Area. = Monterey Bay Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (applys to Monterey , San Benito and Santa Cruz county's)
Phev cali 1000, pg&e 800 , Monteray clean air 1000= 2800
Look for rebates from your utility company and local rebate's
Add in Fed Rebate comes to 10,300 where I am.

State incentives vary a lot I here Colorado had some pretty good ones.

Full EV in Cali 2k and Monterey Bay Electric Vehicle full EV went to 2k

Ahhh

in Southern CA I'll get HOV access only (income capped so now rebate for me) and $1k power credit from the utility company.

Colorado is the place to be for a Prime!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I thought you get something from the state(california) no matter what your income level is .
I know it's 2k for a full ev.
If your low income it's even more than 2k for and Ev.
I believe the standard rebate regardless of income for a PHEV is 1k as long
as the battery is above 15kw.

Income eligibility requirements apply to rebate applications for vehicles purchased or leased on or after March 29, 2016.
  1. Applicants are not eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the following thresholds: $150,000 for single filers, $204,000 for head-of-household filers, or $300,000 for joint filers. The income cap applies for all eligible vehicle types except fuel-cell electric vehicles.
  2. Applicants with household incomes less than or equal to 300 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for an increased rebate amount of $2,500 per rebate. Applicants who are claimed as dependents are not eligible for increased rebates regardless of their income. Increased rebate amounts are available for fuel-cell electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
guess you must be doing real well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So Lancaster Toyota have a $10k markup, as does Valencia. Santa Barbara want an extra $12k. Oxnard and Simi Valley wants $15k more.

They claim Thousand Oaks sold theirs with a $20k markup. 🙃

·
Registered
198 Posts
So Lancaster Toyota have a $10k markup, as does Valencia. Santa Barbara want an extra $12k. Oxnard and Simi Valley wants $15k more.

That is criminal! Don't know where I heard it but it's worth repeating, one honest dealer said in regards to ADM, "we aren't stupid enough to do something that's short lived but long remembered".

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is criminal! Don't know where I heard it but it's worth repeating, one honest dealer said in regards to ADM, "we aren't stupid enough to do something that's short lived but long remembered".
Or to put it another way, with those markups a Model Y Tesla begins to look cheap. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
38 Posts
[
Question for the forum - sorry if this was covered elsewhere. I'm buying a prime and dealer has just called and told me that they are charging $3K over MSRP. Are the incentives better in NY or NJ for this car?
Yes they do. However it’s a rip off and plz do not agree to pay. You can wait a bit longer and can get a prime,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Folks, looking for your thoughts.

I managed to sell my 2020 Prius Prime XLE yesterday as I got a call from the dealer saying my Gray SE will be available this weekend to be picked.

Dealer is selling it at MSRP and it doesn’t have any options or accessories.

Now, if I rethink, my wife & I will be working from home for the rest of the year and probably till next Spring. Also kids’ school is going to be 100% online till end of the year. So we can manage with one car (our highlander)

If I delay buying a car this year, it would save me approximately $2500 for the rest of the year on property taxes, insurance and interest rate. (Yes, we pay property tax on cars!)

Am wondering if I should wait and get a white (Blizzard Pearl) or Supersonic Red XSE instead in the next year, by using the money saved.

What would you do if you are in my situation?

·
Registered
53 Posts
buy it and drive it, until your right one comes along, with all the hype and shortages, your easily gonna get your money back maybe even a tad more.............. just my .02

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Ouch gotta be a real fool paying more then msrp. I told my dealer to screw himself with his 5k markup.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Folks, looking for your thoughts.

I managed to sell my 2020 Prius Prime XLE yesterday as I got a call from the dealer saying my Gray SE will be available this weekend to be picked.

Dealer is selling it at MSRP and it doesn’t have any options or accessories.

Now, if I rethink, my wife & I will be working from home for the rest of the year and probably till next Spring. Also kids’ school is going to be 100% online till end of the year. So we can manage with one car (our highlander)

If I delay buying a car this year, it would save me approximately $2500 for the rest of the year on property taxes, insurance and interest rate. (Yes, we pay property tax on cars!)

Am wondering if I should wait and get a white (Blizzard Pearl) or Supersonic Red XSE instead in the next year, by using the money saved.

What would you do if you are in my situation?
Where do you live that requires property tax on a car?

Im in a similar situation with a single vehicle and I’m waiting for exactly what I want, I will most likely get one Sept per my salesman

These are not low production limited run sports cars, if not this year then next year. I would be in a rush and settle if the federal rebate was expiring soon but I want a loaded XSE premium and Toyota has a lot to sell before their tax credit gets cut in half.

A 10k adm brings this vehicle into a different class of cars. Although I can’t think of any other vehicle with similar capabilities. A light trail capable road trip weekend vehicle with HOV access M-F.

Im skipping the dealers that do ADM and waiting for a MSRP XSE w/ Premium package in either White, Silver or Grey.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I told the dealer (Toyota of Orange in CA) where I returned my lease (as a back up to my other dealer) if they do a Prime XSE for MSRP I'll put a non refundable deposit down for a upcoming 2021 Sienna hybrid at MSRP.

They declined and still wanted ADM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where do you live that requires property tax on a car?
In Virginia we have an annual 5% property tax for all cars and no state incentives for EVs. So if I buy a $40k car, I have to pay $2,000 per year (they don't discount for the federal tax credits). They do depreciate the value of the car each year, but over 10 years you probably would day $15K in taxes. People complain about the high taxes in CA, but they make up for it in other ways in other states.

They are discussing establishing a EV credit at the state level, but it probably won't take hold until 2022 and probably won't be significant for PHEVs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In Virginia we have an annual 5% property tax for all cars and no state incentives for EVs. So if I buy a $40k car, I have to pay $2,000 per year (they don't discount for the federal tax credits). They do depreciate the value of the car each year, but over 10 years you probably would day $15K in taxes. People complain about the high taxes in CA, but they make up for it in other ways in other states.

They are discussing establishing a EV credit at the state level, but it probably won't take hold until 2022 and probably won't be significant for PHEVs.
Thats just crazy!!!!!! Do you pay sales tax on the car when you buy it as well??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats just crazy!!!!!! Do you pay sales tax on the car when you buy it as well??
Of course, that is another 7%. There is a reason that I am keeping my '07 V6 until it falls apart. Sure it only gets 25 mpg, but the additional cost of gas is nothing compared to the additional taxes I will have to pay.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Please post some pictures! That’s the exact build I’m getting next week. I got a call offering me a Blue SE at $5k over today, glad I already scored one at MSRP. 😂
What exactly are you going to find in those pictures besides badge? There are hundreds of thousands on the road already.

We want videos of 0 to 60 runs against Teslas!

·
Registered
57 Posts
What exactly are you going to find in those pictures besides badge? There are hundreds of thousands on the road already.

We want videos of 0 to 60 runs against Teslas!
Haha, it’s just exciting. Still aren’t thousands (or even 100) in the exact trim with the exact details. 🤷‍♂️

2841 - 2860 of 2961 Posts