Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2861 - 2880 of 2961 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice work, thinking you are number one! What state are you in?
Los Angeles, CA.

Just drove home. Pictures to follow shortly.

We want videos of 0 to 60 runs against Teslas!
I was driving the 2019 RAV4 hybrid before and it's not exactly a slouch... The difference between them feels pretty significant. Very happy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was just told by a dealer in the LA area (I guess all of Southern California is in the LA region) that the $10K markup is for the region which seems to jive with the other dealers I've communicated with in both LA and San Diego. That kind of markup is just insane, but I guess people are willing to pay it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just told by a dealer in the LA area (I guess all of Southern California is in the LA region) that the $10K markup is for the region which seems to jive with the other dealers I've communicated with in both LA and San Diego. That kind of markup is just insane, but I guess people are willing to pay it.
If you got this admission in writing, it would make for an interesting antitrust complaint:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you got this admission in writing, it would make for an interesting antitrust complaint:

I'm sure that would be hard to prove. Some say it is simply supply and demand allowing them to charge this markup.

This particular dealer says that the markup is dealer specific.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Definitely aren’t fog lights on an SE. That picture is messed up too, since it shows the XSE wheels.
XSE has two tone colors with black roof. This picture doesn’t have it.
I also looked at many other pictures of SE on cars.com and they all seem to have fog lamps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately it is hard to tell if there is ADM on cars.com. They are listing MSRP and a dealer I contacted off cars.com had a $10K markup. Not really sure why the cars are on cars.com given the popularity.
There are many dealers in east coast selling it at MSRP. Even one sold a SE at $1500 below MSRP to meet their month end goal.

I was tempted to go for it and it was a 2.5 hour drive, by the time I made the decision, it was already sold.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There are many dealers in east coast selling it at MSRP. Even one sold a SE at $1500 below MSRP to meet their month end goal.

I was tempted to go for it and it was a 2.5 hour drive, by the time I made the decision, it was already sold.
You can always buy online from the Internet Sales Manager.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Avoid that dealer at all costs.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The more important VIN is for a Rav4 Prime SE per Toyota VIN decoder;
2021 RAV4 Prime SE
DOWNLOAD FULL SPECS
  • VINJTMCB3FVXMD001411
  • Model2021 RAV4 Prime