Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1742 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there some info on where this will be manufactured, when it will be available for order, and any price hints released lately?
I don't know where it will be manufactured but I thought I read somewhere it would be Japan but I don't think anyone really knows for sure at this point in time. Maybe someone else has more info on that.

I did hear from a Sales Rep that the 2021 RAV4 PHEV will be on display at the Canadian Auto Show in Toronto in February 2020 so it will be interesting to see if any info will be released concerning how the Canadian Version(s) will be outfitted vs. the US Version.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is there some info on where this will be manufactured, when it will be available for order, and any price hints released lately?
A local dealership told me that they expect to get some information from Toyota about allocations and maybe pricing and options sometime in February (so next month). We'll see... They promised that they would contact me as soon as they hear anything, because I'm planning to acquire one of the first allocations with a down payment. I'll post here when I hear any news.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Toyota, and others, are going to have to go all in. I know I'm a huge electric vehicle fanboy here, but look at what the Model 3 is doing to other things among the segment to mid-size "mid to high level" sedans.... it's destroying them... The goal of the Model Y is to capture people in the crossover SUV market - which is huge in the US. All manufacturers are going to have to step up everything from production to research or they're going to get left in the dust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Toyota, and others, are going to have to go all in. I know I'm a huge electric vehicle fanboy here, but look at what the Model 3 is doing to other things among the segment to mid-size "mid to high level" sedans.... it's destroying them... The goal of the Model Y is to capture people in the crossover SUV market - which is huge in the US. All manufacturers are going to have to step up everything from production to research or they're going to get left in the dust.
Yea, I agree. Competition is a very good thing for consumers. I’m curious as to what the VW ID CROZZ will be priced at. If they can undercut Tesla’s pricing and provide similar range, I think that will take some sales away from Tesla.
I probably wouldn’t buy a BEV right now because there’s barely any charging stations around me; so I will only be able to charge at home. I would have to rent a car to go on a long trip. A PHEV is a really good compromise for a lot of people right now.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Destroying who? Sales wise Model 3 is behind most popular gas burning sedans, after all they only sold about 158k in 2019 (US Market) that's far less then what they were targeting as I recall. Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Elantra in compact as well as Camry, Accord, Altima, Fusion in mid size all beating it. It is beating other EVs which is no surprise here.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The more people that buy electric will force the price of gas down. Do you think the Saudis and rest of oil producing countries are stupid?

It will take another 20 years to fully convert to all electric and gas will be 50 cents a gallon. Only way that stops is if the world bands together and bans it all together for enviro reasons.

BEV does plenty of damage to the enviro too...and doubtful there are even enough raw materials for every car to be battery operated.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
right... 50 cents, nice trolling. if there will be less demand it will stay at the same level or maybe a bit higher to make up for the loss of "customers". Oil pumping, refining and transportation isn't free you know...

·
Registered
154 Posts
The more people that buy electric will force the price of gas down. Do you think the Saudis and rest of oil producing countries are stupid?

It will take another 20 years to fully convert to all electric and gas will be 50 cents a gallon. Only way that stops is if the world bands together and bans it all together for enviro reasons.

BEV does plenty of damage to the enviro too...and doubtful there are even enough raw materials for every car to be battery operated.
It'll take much longer than 20 years to fully convert to all-electric, as ICE cars currently on the roads (and those still to be made in the coming decade or two) will still be driven for decades. But I doubt that the price of gasoline will go down substantially; if anything, I predict that it will go up -- especially if Democrats really take control in Washington and implement their plans to phase out gasoline in cars (as the Europeans are doing and the Chinese will do). Oil will still be needed for aeroplanes for the indefinite future -- and that's a lot of oil -- as well as for long-haul, big-load trucks and most ships. I think that the countries dependent on oil are extremely scared, but third-world countries (like India) will be much later in phasing out oil in motor vehicles.

·
Registered
621 Posts
right... 50 cents, nice trolling. if there will be less demand it will stay at the same level or maybe a bit higher to make up for the loss of "customers". Oil pumping, refining and transportation isn't free you know...
Why do you personally attack me by saying I'm a troll?

I'm just stating my opinion. If you disagree you can say so. Jeez.

Gas cars are here to stay for a long time. And gas will likely never go away in our lifetimes for jets etc as above poster noted.

If gas hits 1.50 or less a gallon, which it has before and could again, a small CUV that gets 40mpg would be very desirable

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Why do you personally attack me by saying I'm a troll?

I'm just stating my opinion. If you disagree you can say so. Jeez.

Gas cars are here to stay for a long time. And gas will likely never go away in our lifetimes for jets etc as above poster noted.

If gas hits 1.50 or less a gallon, which it has before and could again, a small CUV that gets 40mpg would be very desirable
If not trolling then it's a twisted kind of opinion to think that gas will ever be 50 cents.

Also twisted opinion to think that small CUV with 40 mpg will be more desirable if gas hits 1.50 when even at current prices trucks are much more desirable. If the gas will be 50 cents or even below 1.50 I for sure will be buying full size SUV or truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like China will go Electric before we do .
And why take a trip to downtown Bejing and try to breath the air.
Also they believe there scientists.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If not trolling then it's a twisted kind of opinion to think that gas will ever be 50 cents.

Also twisted opinion to think that small CUV with 40 mpg will be more desirable if gas hits 1.50 when even at current prices trucks are much more desirable. If the gas will be 50 cents or even below 1.50 I for sure will be buying full size SUV or truck.
Small CUV like Rav4 that gets 40mpg is still much cheaper to operate than a full size f150 or Tahoe even if gas is 1.50

Also those full size trucks will always be at least 10 to 15k more expensive

The fuel cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the 50k purchase price

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Small CUV like Rav4 that gets 40mpg is still much cheaper to operate than a full size f150 or Tahoe even if gas is 1.50

Also those full size trucks will always be at least 10 to 15k more expensive

The fuel cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the 50k purchase price
You do realize that there are cheaper trucks and large SUVs then loaded rav4 hybrid. Also depends on what your yearly mileage is. If gas would be so cheap (which is not happening) then no point overpaying for small hybrids or EVs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Doubt it. Toyota is a manufacturing company - one of the best in the world. They are more a manufacturing company than an auto company. When the BEV technology and infrastructure exist - they will manufacture them - they will do it cheaply and at a high quality level, and average people will buy them.

Tesla is a technology company. Maybe they will buy up manufacturing companies - which they could do with their market cap - and be like GM in 1920 - buying up all the smaller names to create a conglomerate. Or maybe they will be like Apple - making what all the cool kids want but maintaining a reasonable small global market share. Or maybe they will be the next Palm or Blackberry - who knows.

1261 - 1280 of 1742 Posts