Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1755 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damn, I hope I dont have to go on some witch hunt to buy a R4P. That would really annoy me. I'd still buy one, but would see if I could get local dealer to trade or find some other way.

·
Registered
2918 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
813 Posts
What cars your dealer gets is determined by the distributor and what they think they can sell. It is a complex food chain. And one reason my two cars have been purchased out of the zone/region I live in.

Wait till the Prime is available and the initial surge of demand has settled down and prices have dropped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
More than that, they're guessing $3k over the Hybrid with the same trim name. $37k for the Prime XSE would be nothing short of amazing. Cheaper than the hybrid LE after all tax credits in my state.
I feel a lithium pack, more powerful motors, and everything else needed to make a Hybrid into a Prime would cost more than $3k. I'd expect closer to $5-7k+ increase. $3k premium would cannibalize the sale of the Hybrids with the rebates.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel a lithium pack, more powerful motors, and everything else needed to make a Hybrid into a Prime would cost more than $3k. I'd expect closer to $5-7k+ increase. $3k premium would cannibalize the sale of the Hybrids with the rebates.
My expectation is that the price difference between comparably equipped HEV and PHEV models almost equals the tax credit. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum by others.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The tax credit and Toyota reliability is a huge factor in my upcoming R4P purchase. I certainly hope I'm able to get one before any elimination is put in place.

·
Registered
266 Posts
"The credit begins to phase out for vehicles at the beginning of the second calendar quarter after the manufacturer has sold 200,000 eligible plug-in electric vehicles (i.e., plug-in hybrids and EVs) in the United States as counted from January 1, 2010. IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production figure and will announce the subsequent phase out schedule (Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Quarterly Sales). "

·
Registered
40 Posts
I meant that I dont want the credit taken away from all of us who want one simply because "gubmint" wants to take it away after allowing all other auto makers to benefit. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tax credits for new Tesla disappeared January 1, 2020. GM has some tax credits, but they have diminished and will dissapear at the end of March 2020. I think it is all dependent on how many EV the manufacturer sells. Toyota may not be in the same boat, but you might want to order the Prime as soon as it becomes available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My expectation is that the price difference between comparably equipped HEV and PHEV models almost equals the tax credit. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum by others.
Hmm...Getting annoyed on a discussion forum about a specific vehicle, on an active existing thread about an upcoming model that everyone is speculating on

Must be a chore navigating through all this text, If only there was a way implement a block on text repeated X amount of times to be posted again.

Til then try unsubscribing?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm...Getting annoyed on a discussion forum about a specific vehicle, on an active existing thread about an upcoming model that everyone is speculating on

Must be a chore navigating through all this text, If only there was a way implement censor text repeated X amount of times to be posted again.

Til then try unsubscribing?
Wasn't me that was tired of the repeat. Was more afraid others were.

1661 - 1680 of 1755 Posts