Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 1976 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
In California the supply chains are still in tack.
Just certain things like toilet paper hand sanitizer
bread and pasta are absent from the grocery stores.
(Horders)
All the restaurants that can are doing takeout.
Also lines at Weed and Gun stores.

·
Registered
14 Posts
W

what PHEV vehicle do you have now that gets 39 miles to a charge??
Sorry I never replied. It’s a first generation Chevy Volt. I never would have even considered it, but you can pick up low mileage Chevy Volts for a song, yet the quality is way up there. I was biased against Chevrolet before that car. If I didn’t need an AWD where I live, I’d get a second generation (used) one.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Toyota needs to release a normal page for this car and the US brochure and including prices.
Perhaps you are not yet aware of what's going on but entire world is on hold especially US, some car companies even start production of masks... so I am afraid those brochures will probably have to wait for sometime...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nope. I'm completely oblivious. Could you please educate me?

I am just not familiar with how car companies release information leading up to model releases. The R4P will be my first new car purchase.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nope. I'm completely oblivious. Could you please educate me?

I am just not familiar with how car companies release information leading up to model releases. The R4P will be my first new car purchase.
Ordering was going to be started in April according to my dealer from a few months back...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Based on the Finland info, the PHEV Prime price is going to start over $40K in $USD. I was hoping for squeezing in under that mark.
Also, the fuel tank will be the standard 14.5 gallon size, the battery is 17.8kWh which will get full U.S. EV tax credit, 0-62 will be 6.2sec, ground clearance is reduced by 1 inch which will make it a little less off-road friendly, luggage space is reduced by 5% due to a higher floor, and it will weigh over 500 lbs more than the hybrid version, EV range is 40 miles. I don’t see anything that indicates gas mileage but expect it to be 10% lower carrying over 500lbs extra.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nothing wrong with Finland but still trying to wrap my head around why they get details and we get nothing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Based on the Finland info, the PHEV Prime price is going to start over $40K in $USD. I was hoping for squeezing in under that mark.
Also, the fuel tank will be the standard 14.5 gallon size, the battery is 17.8kWh which will get full U.S. EV tax credit, 0-62 will be 6.2sec, ground clearance is reduced by 1 inch which will make it a little less off-road friendly, luggage space is reduced by 5% due to a higher floor, and it will weigh over 500 lbs more than the hybrid version, EV range is 40 miles. I don’t see anything that indicates gas mileage but expect it to be 10% lower carrying over 500lbs extra.
The way I understood it from the Finnish folks on this forum was the tarrifs/taxes over there make it too complex a situation to glean any useful price data that's potentially comparable to what we'll see in the States. It's not a simple currency conversion. It was discussed on this thread a while back.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If we want a new car here we always get the barebone price before taxes, the taxes and delivery makes the price we will have to pay. Perhaps our Finnish friend can share the base price, before taxes?
We still don't have any fact, only the assumption it will be around €10K more expensive than a HV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The way I understood it from the Finnish folks on this forum was the tarrifs/taxes over there make it too complex a situation to glean any useful price data that's potentially comparable to what we'll see in the States. It's not a simple currency conversion. It was discussed on this thread a while back.
This is sound advice.

The largest driver for how vehicle pricing is set in different countries is currency strength. The vehicle manufacturers use a risk based approach to mitigate against future currency fluctuation. So based on how the yen compares to the euro, you will get one price in Finland. Yen vs. the US dollar will lead you to a different pricing strategy in the US market. Rinse and repeat for each country.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro PHEV
5 Posts
This is sound advice.

The largest driver for how vehicle pricing is set in different countries is currency strength. The vehicle manufacturers use a risk based approach to mitigate against future currency fluctuation. So based on how the yen compares to the euro, you will get one price in Finland. Yen vs. the US dollar will lead you to a different pricing strategy in the US market. Rinse and repeat for each country.
My guess is about $6000 above the hev equivalent. More than the cost of the larger battery (16kwhr x $200/kwhr = $3200) and less than the fed tax credit of $7500.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Could you please show your math/reasoning for the price and references/sources for other data.

I finally did my own math and found on the Norwegian site that the least expensive 2021 Rav4 Prime is 60900 kroner (US$5774) more that the least expensive 2020 Rav4 Hybrid. Similarly the most expensive Rav4 Prime is 42700 kroner (US$4049) more that the Hybrid. Convert those amounts to US$ (google on 3/30/20) and add them to cheapest and most expensive 2020 Rav4 Hybrids using NY Toyota website + add mandatory 1120 Delivery/Handling/Processing fee and you get 2021 Rav4 Prime price range of $35244 to $44589. Add tax in your location and that is my best guess at what a 2021 Rav4 Prime will cost. Then take off any state and $7500 federal rebate/tax credit available.

I went looking for fuel tank data everywhere (Norway site, global/Europe/USA Toyota) but could not find any. They do say that the big traction battery will be below the floor of the vehicle, so I’m thinking the fuel tank will be a custom size and design. Maybe Toyota will try to re-use the Prius Prime fuel tank design and capacity of 11.4 gallons

Battery capacity of 17.8kWh has yet to be confirmed by Toyota. The MPGe and electric only range seems to point to that figure though.

Toyota USA states the Rav4 Prime electric only range to be 39 miles, but I’m still waiting for EPA validated numbers.

Please provide weight source or math, as I can’t find any sources online.

1921 - 1940 of 1976 Posts