Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went across USA in our 180k mile RAV4. Now has 190k on it. RAV4 stayed SOLID. It does not rattle or has any noises EVEN after this trip. I put it through hell. Me and my kids went everywhere. It didn't hesitate a bit. I will share pics with the RAV4 in it. I took hundreds of pics. Beautiful WEST !! Love it ! I did the Southern half last year with my FJ and this year was the Northern half but I had only two weeks this year.
Didn't change oil in the middle. Burned a quart of oil in 8000 miles. Uphill was a challenge because the car had so much weight on it so I don't blame the car on that. I had to be in 3rd gear once while on freeway. Too much weight.
Helped two people with gas. I had gas on my roof.

One stretch of drive was 34 HOURS STRAIGHT !! RAV did not blink once !
Also I am amazed at this first generation RAV4's capabilities at such high miles.

It is a shame that most of the first generations with high miles are kept within city limits because people are afraid that they are not capable to go far enough. I did not see one first generation RAV4 driving around the whole country. Forget the one that was loaded to its bones !

Also the vehicle is very well capable off road. I don't have pictures of many places we went because we just couldn't get out and had to just drive through. It did very well.
I love this vehicle.

Reactions: volosong

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More pictures.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
More and more

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
and last few

·
Registered
876 Posts
Looks like you had a great trip, thanks for sharing the pics.

I really like the pic where you have to drive through the tunnel to leave the park. Its just the sign then the they dug through the rock to get out. like they couldn't stand to be there any longer, but I guess going the other direction they wanted in so badly they tunneled through the rock. All a matter of how you look at it.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Very cool trip! I recognized a lot of the places you pictured! We have a CUTE 1997 Two Door and an Awesome 2005 AWD. My girl received a Yakama Sky Box roof-top carrier for Valentine's Day last year and it is amazing. We thought it would come off and on but it stays on the roof as it doesn't affect gas mileage AT ALL! Amazing! And it holds a lot of junk. We travel a lot and it's holding baggage on trips and skis when we are up skiing. Our last 2500+ mile trip to Austin: we just got in and went! It hummmmmms without a whimper. We had road bikes on the roof for years and that is hard on the bikes and gas mileage. We figured out a system to put the bikes inside and everything else goes in the carrier. Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Can't wait until your next one!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, among your pictures I saw a Toyota Corona. My mom had one until she got tired of it and then bought a Peugeot. The person who bought the Corona used it for about ten more years. A real Die Hard car.
My dad had that kind of exact car. IF it was not in Wyoming and about 40 hours away from me I would have towed it home and restored it.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
What a great Dad you are. Your children will never forget the adventures.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Brilliant pics!, looks like you had a great trouble free trip :D, the RAV is good for that, its the only car I trust for long range trips. my ML270 is stronger and more comfortable, but I garentee it would break down several times over 8000 miles :p. I just do not trust it like I do a RAV.

Reactions: RAV4EVR

·
Registered
160 Posts
LOVE these pics! Makes me want to road trip in mine again :) Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: RAV4EVR

·
Registered
175 Posts
very nice photos, that little tough truck will take you anywhere, these are such a great machines, you dont have high mileage compared to me or other outhere, well done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts