Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when the first batch of rav4 Prime 2022 will arrive in Canadian dealerships? (or US dealers, it may be the same date). Also, does anyone what is the name of the RORO ship that the first batch is gonna be on and when it will leave Japan? I heard that Canada receives one big delivery (in one boat) of rav4 Prime per year and after that its a little bit at a time.

Thanks,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Your best bet would be to call dealers in Quebec and BC, I think they will be allocated more due to the tax incentive in those provinces. Anyways that's what happened with the 2021 primes. A few 2021 used primes for sale in Quebec after the owners drove it for one year and got 13K in tax credit. Now they expect to get their full purchase price back and enjoy the free 13K tax credit and driving new car for almost a year for free..

·
Registered
143 Posts
lol yup seen the used ones being sold on auto-trader for 70-75 grand fracking nuts. and hey what about nb our rebate is better than bc,s . ya last i heard production will not start until December sooo march ? ?? could easily be wrong just rolling the dice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just talked with my dealer and the RAV4 Prime they sell now are for delivery in 3 years. This is not a mistype Three years. They already offer 6,000 $ more for my 2021 rav4 hybrid than the price I paid. Québec isn't the place to find brand new Prime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also in Quebec. I was told the same 2-3 years. I was also told some dealerships even stopped taking deposits!
I was told my name would automatically be put in for a new BZ4X. What other PHEV's are others considering?

What confuses me is all the new models that are being made and advertised for 2022 including the BZ4X. Where are all those parts and batteries coming from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in BC. Placed my deposit at one Toyota dealer in Sept. 2020. I was #35 on their list then. I'm told the dealership is getting the first 2022 Primes in mid-March and I'm #1 for my model and color choice. They say they've received no Primes since September.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my Toyota dealer to have an idea how many RAV4 Primes received between December 2021 - Feb 15-2021.
He replied a total of TWO! There are 450+ people on a waiting list.

Who is willing to do the math?

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE
263 Posts
I called my Toyota dealer to have an idea how many RAV4 Primes received between December 2021 - Feb 15-2021.
He replied a total of TWO! There are 450+ people on a waiting list.

Who is willing to do the math?
(450 vehicle request ) / (2 vehicles / 3 months) = 675 months

or 56 years and 3 months

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow, and I thought 200 at a dealer in Gatineau was bad. It took some searching, but I got on some lists at number 2 and 5. Most dealers I called in Ontario had 20 people, and not taking any more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when the first batch of rav4 Prime 2022 will arrive in Canadian dealerships? (or US dealers, it may be the same date). Also, does anyone what is the name of the RORO ship that the first batch is gonna be on and when it will leave Japan? I heard that Canada receives one big delivery (in one boat) of rav4 Prime per year and after that its a little bit at a time.

Thanks,
From my understanding, Rav4's are now being built in Toyota's Woodstock Ontario factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called several different dealerships and asked about how many Rav4 Primes they received in 2022 so far. Answer = 0.
Time to consider alternatives different brands for a PHEV. With worsening chip shortages for 2022 and 2023.... Moving forward, it does no longer matter how patient you are.
Or should have I said backwards... dream on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Newfoundland. I ordered a black and white 2021 R4P XSE last July. I got a call from the dealer last month telling me to expect a 2022 to arrival in May. The salesperson indicated "it" was the only one arriving. I was the first (or only) one who ordered a white Prime and thus got the call. The car must be somewhere in the Pacific.

I wonder if Toyota make white Primes one week, red the next and blue the third? Do they only ship them once a month? Do major cities or BC or Quebec or the largest dealership get favorable treatment. Do Canadians get one car for each ten the US gets? I was surprised and thankful one will make it to Newfoundland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The federal government posts the EV sales data for the rebate here.

Last time I checked there were about 36 Primes sold in Canada as of Feb 28. MUCH lower than previous 2 years. It doesn't answer your question but helps put it into perspective how bad the supply issue is. I ordered a 2021 SE in July 2021 at my small local dealer in Newfoundland and have not heard anything yet other than I'm first on the list for my dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The federal government posts the EV sales data for the rebate here.

Last time I checked there were about 36 Primes sold in Canada as of Feb 28. MUCH lower than previous 2 years. It doesn't answer your question but helps put it into perspective how bad the supply issue is. I ordered a 2021 SE in July 2021 at my small local dealer in Newfoundland and have not heard anything yet other than I'm first on the list for my dealer.
I agree, stats don’t look promising. I’m waiting for my Prime in Alberta since last September. I’m getting antsy so about one week ago I decided to writhe to Toyota Canada and ask what the hell happening with my order. I could express myself in 250 characters only so it was very limited to begin with. Today they wrote me back:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We are sorry to learn of this situation and we understand that waiting for a new vehicle can be a great inconvenience.

Please be assured that it is our goal to assist our customers whenever possible, we do apologize however our Customer Assistance Centre does not have access to the information you are requesting.

We would like to mention that demand for the Toyota RAV4 Prime is much greater than anticipated. We would like to explain that government restrictions set in place due to COVID-19 has impacted many aspects of Toyota Canada including our manufacturing process which causes delays in parts availability and vehicle delivery times. Although we are unable to speed up the delivery cycle, we truly apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing.

We kindly suggest to keep in contact with the Sales Department at XXXXX Motors dealership. They would be in the best position to provide you with updates.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXX
Customer Assistance Centre
Toyota Canada Inc.

So far my dealer doesn’t know anything yet about future RAV4 Prime shipments. I guess our only option is patiently wait and hope for the best.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts