Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone who waits 3-4 years is crazy. The EV technology will be much more advanced in 4 years. Many other EV models will be released before then. If you can wait multiple years you prob don't need it that much...
maybe not but if ya know you will need one soon why not? if thats what ya want get on the list if something better comes along get on that list and so on . someday a vehicle might actually come in maybe even before the one you have dies lol.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
979 Posts
We would like to mention that demand for the Toyota RAV4 Prime is much greater than anticipated. We would like to explain that government restrictions set in place due to COVID-19 has impacted many aspects of Toyota Canada including our manufacturing process which causes delays in parts availability and vehicle delivery times.
Uh, are there any parts made in Canada then shipped to Japan for assembly? Because if not, this reads like a rather terrible attempt by Toyota at deflecting blame towards the Canadian government for you not being able to get a RAV4 Prime… which is not made in Canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just looked at the TC list and only 36, 2022 Primes have been listed as receiving the grant so far this year. None are east of Quebec. All of Atlantic Canada has yet to get one (according to TC grants) Alberta had two. Unless manufacturing and supply chain issues are upped for the demand that is out there, I can see other manufacturers seeing this as an opportunity. I’m still leaving my deposit and holding out for two years….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
And yet you can walk on to a lot and buy a gas powered RAV4 on a moments notice at least in my area in Michigan
They are sending more down to the US market it seems. I even found a few Primes that looked to be in stock without markups at NY dealers. Meanwhile across the border in Ontario, there has been just 3 this whole year so far. If it wasn't for the fact the price is almost parity, so cheaper in Canada, and incentives only count if you buy it new in Canada, I'd definitely look into importing. Likely going to go with my second choice which is the Escape PHEV. Then see about trading it in when I can actually get a Prime.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lots of fun waiting for the elusive R4P. I ordered one a yr ago, and as far as I know, its not even a twinkle in its parent’s eyes. Silly me gave my last car to my son, thinking the R4P would be here early spring. Since then I’ve been driving a CX5 and loving it. Gets 31 mpg, adequate power, tows 2,000lbs, tons of headroom (even with moonroof), looks good/refined- if Mazda would step into the 21st century and make one of these as a hybrid, I would drop the R4P in a flash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m waiting for my R4P since last Sept in Alberta. No hope yet. I was visiting Guelph, ON last week so I dropped to local dealer there. He told me that they’ve got 4 R4P so far this calendar year. That they, I don’t know why I decided to be nice guy that day and not to tell him that he is idiot, liar and moron. I knew he try to feed me huge pail of BS. Most likely they did not get any this year like rest of Canada.

·
Registered
209 Posts
last i checked only one vehicle at the local freddy dealer (new in inventory ). checked today 6 new in stock . only one is a rav4 and its a trail . the trails list price is higher than the rav4p msrp before rebates so over 10,000 more for the trail . it does however some vehicles are starting to come in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So as I continue to wait, I started thinking about winter tires (sad I know) but given the delays, shortages, etc not just for vehicles, but virtually everything, I thought better proactive. Now, I won't be that guy to order tires before I get a car, but. Currently trying to get replacement tires for my summer driver - guess what, virtually everything related to Michelin is wait listed, no date in sight, so planning early on winters could be a great idea. The R4P i had ordered has 18 inch tires, I currently have 225 65R17 inch winters which are the same size as Hybrid R4 LE stock, which usually means it will fit most other models. Hopefully that will work. I will try to confirm, but worth a shot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So spoke to dealer rep this week. Still no word on when the R4P SE that I ordered in March of ‘21 will be in. Though I understand that Toyota will continue producing the ‘22s until Nov. Not sure how I feel about getting a ‘22 in Q1 ‘23…Now I understand the ‘23 SE will have the better infotainment system we hear about, but also the Moon Roof and Power Lift Gate - 2 things that I don’t care for, but will assuredly take the price up. My guess, looking at a couple thousand more, easy. So Since apparently I’m a patient, resilient type I also put my name on Hyundai Tucson PHEV…nice machine for significantly less bucks. To the victor go the spoils, ie, my $.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Waitlisted. I would bet Mitsubishi will have trouble producing it in volume. The front end is hideous but that’s a different topic.
lol ya get ya on the front end but likely would no change my mind on it . thats the big thing isnt it for all of them ... production numbers . told one of the salesmen they would likely only get 5 , he said i think we will get a whole lot more than that , i laughed and said i was being kind because toyota only got 5 primes in the whole province this year .. not dealership province so if ya get 5 count yourself lucky . his face dropped lmao . time will tell on that ya never know . the general design however is outstanding if they come up with big production numbers they may have something there .

·
Registered
19 Posts
lol ya get ya on the front end but likely would no change my mind on it . thats the big thing isnt it for all of them ... production numbers . told one of the salesmen they would likely only get 5 , he said i think we will get a whole lot more than that , i laughed and said i was being kind because toyota only got 5 primes in the whole province this year .. not dealership province so if ya get 5 count yourself lucky . his face dropped lmao . time will tell on that ya never know . the general design however is outstanding if they come up with big production numbers they may have something there .
i think all the batteries and chips are spoken for. Hyundai can’t make any BEV’s either, very small amounts of Ioniq 5 have been made.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts