Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, by the time manufacturers can, say manufacture (PHEVs), to meet market demand, the infrastructure will be largely in place to go full EV…I heard from several dealers that they fully expect this sh#t show to continue right through ‘23 and at least into ‘24. I better show my current 7 yr old ride some love to carry me through. Now, if the stock market would only cooperate so that I could actually pay for a new car, some day…

·
Registered
209 Posts
its all in the planning boys ive actually seen new vehicles on the mitsu lot even a few outlanders ( no phevs ). if this thing is what it seems i know all will be sold before it even hits the lot . i wonder if they know that and what the profit marines are ? they are still getting chips it all comes down to what vehicles they choose to put them in . yes probably only one factory building them like toyota but ya never know . time will tell .

·
Registered
30 Posts
So despite not owning a R4P yet, and with no, nothing, nada confirmation in sight, I became ‘that guy’ and bought snow tires during the Costco one day 20% off sale today. I guess I can return them within a reasonable amount of time…if I have too, I guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, got an email from Costco saying they were reducing the price on the tires by another $120; apparently they were able to get a better deal from Michelin…I’ll take the win. Now if Toyota could just ship my car, I’d be off to the races😬

·
Registered
316 Posts
Why would someone buy tires for a car they don't own? R4P is one of the hardest vehicles to get in Canada, period. Do you live in Quebec or Ontario by chance? Because you are probably waiting 3+ years otherwise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Perhaps I’m just naive…I am number 1 on the dealer’s list and since I placed my order 1.5 yrs ago, maybe I’m halfway there…Kind of a glass half full… besides, Costco has one of the best return policies out there, if it comes to that. And trust me if it looks like I need to return them, I will.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 RAV4 XLE Hybrid
23 Posts
Hey, got an email from Costco saying they were reducing the price on the tires by another $120; apparently they were able to get a better deal from Michelin…I’ll take the win. Now if Toyota could just ship my car, I’d be off to the races😬
Wow. I didn't get any such email from Costco. In fact, my tires already arrived at the Costco Barrhaven store and my rims just got shipped today.
BTW, which specification tire you ordered? Mine is 225/65R17 and its price was 205 each before the discount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perhaps I’m just naive…I am number 1 on the dealer’s list and since I placed my order 1.5 yrs ago, maybe I’m halfway there…Kind of a glass half full… besides, Costco has one of the best return policies out there, if it comes to that. And trust me if it looks like I need to return them, I will.
being number 1 you will get one within 3-4 months I would assume. Unless you ordered an SE and they keep getting XSE’s in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I got the 18s and they were a crazy $289 before the 20%, around $230 post which seemed reasonable, and then knocked down to $200 - which seems even more reasonable. I already have rims that will fit, so thats why I went 18. But what a massive jump vs the 17’s…

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 RAV4 XLE Hybrid
23 Posts
Hi, I got the 18s and they were a crazy $289 before the 20%, around $230 post which seemed reasonable, and then knocked down to $200 - which seems even more reasonable. I already have rims that will fit, so thats why I went 18. But what a massive jump vs the 17’s…
Yesterday I went to my dealer to fix something. Just got the quotes. The same tire package (tire + 3rd party rims) was $850 more than what I paid. And their rims are not even OEM compatible. I hope the rims fit well as they mentioned on their site. Another thing is, that Costco has increased the price for the same tire by $25 now. (from 204.99 to 229.99 now) Looks like they do it very frequently. Increase 25$ for tire and then give some discount.

·
Registered
96 Posts
being number 1 you will get one within 3-4 months I would assume. Unless you ordered an SE and they keep getting XSE’s in.
Maybe in Quebec. I'm #2 at a smaller Ontario dealer. #1 was supposed to get one finally this month, after putting down a deposit June '21. Then Toyota went and canceled that allocation as they couldn't get parts to actually build it. Looking like I'll be going into '23 still being #2.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime SE in Midnight Black Metallic
135 Posts
Maybe in Quebec. I'm #2 at a smaller Ontario dealer. #1 was supposed to get one finally this month, after putting down a deposit June '21. Then Toyota went and canceled that allocation as they couldn't get parts to actually build it. Looking like I'll be going into '23 still being #2.
I called a Toyota dealer approximately 2-3 weeks ago and as luck would have it, he told me a 2022 Midnight Black Metallic RAV4P SE was due in a couple of weeks and that he would put me #1 on the list to purchase it. Last Thursday I went out to the dealership and showed him the car I want to trade and he told me the RAV4 was on the ground in Illinois (had transferred from rail to truck intermodal yard). He said the car is now due at the dealership anywhere from today to September 17th so my fingers are crossed I will get a call soon. If we can work out a mutually acceptable deal, I'll have the new RAV4 very shortly. The dealer I called was the third Toyota dealer I was looking at (but about 30 minutes away). The first two are close to where I live and they had NOTHING (and I mean nothing - hardly ANY new cars and mostly overpriced used cars). One dealer had a 2021 White RAV4 Prime SE with ~3,000 miles on it and they were asking $60,000 FIRM! The other a used Black 2021 RAV4 Prime had ~12,000 miles and they were asking $57,000 FIRM. Needless to say, I walked. The profit they will make on these used cars is obscene but somebody will pay it. I am paying less for a NEW 2022 RAV4 Prime SE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told by my local dealer that they should start to receive 2023 models in November 2022. If this is true, then the plant in Japan must be building the 2023 now or pretty soon. I don’t know if the information is good or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The dealers seem to be as much in the dark about delivery dates as we are. Would be nice to know how much of a price increase we can expect for the ‘23 models. The ‘22’s MSRPs went up $1,100 mid year. With the enhancements for ‘23, especially the SE (infotainment, Moonroof, Pwr Liftgate), we can expect another bump - likely a couple thousand - may serve to close the gap to the XSE?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts