Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all! Just joined. We currently own a RAV4 Hybrid (2019) and we're looking to go after a new (2021 or 2022) RAV4 Prime -- with the SE (basic) version preferred. Willing to fly pretty much anywhere in the continental U.S. and drive it back to Colorado (as I've done previously when buying a Prius Prime). Does anyone know of a place (dealership? state?) where they are available for purchase and/or they might be plentiful? I'm going to admit I'm naive here - although I'm aware of the shortages, chip issues, etc.Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE Magnetic-Gray Metallic
39 Posts
Call around. I found one in 3 days less than 20 miles from me and it's been in my driveway for the past 3 days. I found an incoming RAV4 XSE by calling dealers nearby.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
320 Posts
Call around. I found one in 3 days less than 20 miles from me and it's been in my driveway for the past 3 days. I found an incoming RAV4 XSE by calling dealers nearby.
Were you able to get it at or near MSRP? Or are the markups still way over the top... That's the issue I've found in the SF Bay Area. No availability and when they do come in they're charging waaaayyyy more.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE Magnetic-Gray Metallic
39 Posts
A little over but I got a lot for trading my 2015 CR-V and the previous week I sold my Mom's (who recently passed away) 2015 Camry. Between those and the instant $1000 NY rebate plus the $7500 fed rebate for 2021 tax year I did quite well and it only took me 4 days once I decided to get the RAV4 to bringing it home.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
531 Posts
Greetings, all! Just joined. We currently own a RAV4 Hybrid (2019) and we're looking to go after a new (2021 or 2022) RAV4 Prime -- with the SE (basic) version preferred. Willing to fly pretty much anywhere in the continental U.S. and drive it back to Colorado (as I've done previously when buying a Prius Prime). Does anyone know of a place (dealership? state?) where they are available for purchase and/or they might be plentiful? I'm going to admit I'm naive here - although I'm aware of the shortages, chip issues, etc.Thanks in advance!
Welcome. Thread below has some historical trends of dealers with highest volumes. Might help you target your search. It hasn’t been updated in a few months but should be directionally accurate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No luck finding one in Minnesota. Dealers I've called lately on the coasts (about 20) all have "market adjustments" of 5-10 thousand dollars IF they have a Prime. Otherwise waiting lists, and maybe get one in a year. I've flown to buy as well, but apparently won't work this time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome. Thread below has some historical trends of dealers with highest volumes. Might help you target your search. It hasn’t been updated in a few months but should be directionally accurate.

Just read your request! Check Toyota dealers in Maine, New Hampshire, Mass. and Vermont. I purchased mine in Vermont. I live in New Hampshire and had two dealers call me that they had one in stock when I purchased mine. I used CarGuru to locate the dealer who sold me my Artic White Se model with the weather package and no above sticker price. The dealer was in Putney Vermont and it was Faith Toyota. But dealers in Maine called me they had at least one in stock. There is a dealer in Portland Maine right near the airport. I don’t know if they have a mark-up on the car but Vermont did not.
Good luck! We love ours but have discovered a cold day really effects the charge on the traction battery from a high of 57 EV miles in summer, down to 39 EV miles at 40 deg charge in my garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking for a SE trim. Looking to trade in my Clarity PHEV 2020.
I am based out of Southern California. Do I also have a better chance to get a SE trim out of state ,like from North east, or just keep calling California dealers and join in their waiting lists ?

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
531 Posts
I am also looking for a SE trim. Looking to trade in my Clarity PHEV 2020.
I am based out of Southern California. Do I also have a better chance to get a SE trim out of state ,like from North east, or just keep calling California dealers and join in their waiting lists ?
Encourage you to cast a net as broad as possible. They're out there. Besides checking the volume thread I linked above, read through the official prices paid thread to get a sense of where folks are getting them from (some with shorter waits).

Also, on your trade, check the online used retailers (Vroom, Carvana, Carmax). You might be pleasantly surprised what the value of your Clarity is on a straight sale, might be far more than a trade (even accounting for the sales tax you eat).

·
Registered
4 Posts
No luck finding one in Minnesota. Dealers I've called lately on the coasts (about 20) all have "market adjustments" of 5-10 thousand dollars IF they have a Prime. Otherwise waiting lists, and maybe get one in a year. I've flown to buy as well, but apparently won't work this time.
I had luck in MN back in October. Iron Trail Toyota I. Virginia, MN
I found the Internet to be useless for any dealerships actual inventory , and signed up to get updates on Iron Trail's incoming RAV4 inventory , a week or so later they emailed saying a Prime was coming in and asked if i was interested, and I was.
Dean was awesome to work with. Paid Sticker price and didn't get hassled when I said no to any dealership "extras".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts