Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello RAV4 World,

I have a 2021 Rav4 Prime SE and was curious if anyone has tried swapping out the cigarette lighter outlet in the rear to the XSE version of the 120 standard plug outlet?

Overland_Prime

·
Registered
2021 R4P XSE, Premium, SS Red
10 Posts
Hello RAV4 World,

I have a 2021 Rav4 Prime SE and was curious if anyone has tried swapping out the cigarette lighter outlet in the rear to the XSE version of the 120 standard plug outlet?

Overland_Prime
It is not possible to "swap" a 12v DC plug for a 120v AC plug. You could however use the 12v DC plug to power a remote DC to AC inverter. It would need to be a small inverter however as the amperage of the 12v plug is not very high (10 amps on my XSE premium).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello RAV4 World,

Overland_Prime
You can buy one those power inverters on Amazon for like $30 bucks and plug it into the 12v socket. it will give you like 2 outlets. no need to wire anything and you can use it on different cars too.

·
Registered
2021 Prime SE
22 Posts
The big difference is that the OEM Toyota is good for 1500 watts. Same as in the Sienna hybrid, if equipped.

You could run your fridge during a power outage with that. The 12v cigarette plug inverters won't be doing anything like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The big difference is that the OEM Toyota is good for 1500 watts. Same as in the Sienna hybrid, if equipped.

You could run your fridge during a power outage with that. The 12v cigarette plug inverters won't be doing anything like that.
What would the OEM set up cost to install you think? Parts alone?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
What would the OEM set up cost to install you think? Parts alone?
I started down this research path after I got my 2019 gas only Limited when I found that the Adventure model had this 110VAC port in teh cargo area. I didn't get too far since I would imagine in order to get that kind of power, the Adventure trim would probably have a dedicated heavy gage wire harness directly to teh 12V battery under the hood and probably a higher capacity battery. I stopped at that point since I really didn't have a need for the 110VAC port at that time and nothing has changed. By the way, good research can be done on the Toyota Online Parts web site. It's much easier if you have an Adventure trim VIN number which I didn't have. Someone with an Adventure trim could DM you directly with their VIN to get you started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts