Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit to @jlawr1 for replying to my comment on another thread with this valuable video about adding power folding mirrors to a Prime XSE (for those not in one or more European countries because I've read on this forum that power folding mirrors are an available option):

I watched the video with earnest and noted the creator's callout about XSEs with the tech package - I'm interpreting this as the XSE Premium Package, which is what I've got. I confirmed that I do not have a blank button like he does. I need folding mirrors because of my narrow garage, so what are your thoughts about where to position the button? I'm thinking this spot on the right side of my center console, but I'll acknowledge that its location will complicate the installation and the shape of the button included with the kit he used is different that this:
Watch Automotive design Personal luxury car Gadget Clock

·
Registered
2022 XLE - petrol
152 Posts
OEM switch would be located in the same location as the mirror adjustment switch. See post #32 of this thread . The location you pointed out is on the passenger side of the console, right? It would be a good way to fill the void but a minor inconvenience to reach over to manually turn it on and off.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,792 Posts
Credit to @jlawr1 for replying to my comment on another thread with this valuable video about adding power folding mirrors to a Prime XSE (for those not in one or more European countries because I've read on this forum that power folding mirrors are an available option):

I watched the video with earnest and noted the creator's callout about XSEs with the tech package - I'm interpreting this as the XSE Premium Package, which is what I've got. I confirmed that I do not have a blank button like he does. I need folding mirrors because of my narrow garage, so what are your thoughts about where to position the button? I'm thinking this spot on the right side of my center console, but I'll acknowledge that its location will complicate the installation and the shape of the button included with the kit he used is different that this:
View attachment 187140
Power folding mirrors are not an option in the US. I got these from CarTrimHome: Not suitable for Limited!!!Free Shipping automatic folding - unfolding mechanism mirrors For Toyota RAV4 2019 2020 2021 2022 The installation is a bit difficult.

The switch for them goes in the blank position on the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel, thus they will not fit a Limited RAV4 because that space it used for the birds eye view switch.

Mine work great.

Edit: PS: I see that CarTrimHome has a version for the Prime which was not available when I got mine for my XLE Premium Hybrid. Your video shows that.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OEM switch would be located in the same location as the mirror adjustment switch. See post #32 of this thread . The location you pointed out is on the passenger side of the console, right? It would be a good way to fill the void but a minor inconvenience to reach over to manually turn it on and off.
Thanks for the thread link and specific post. Believe it or not I searched RAV4World before I posted but missed this post because I was focused on "4.5 RAV4 Prime'. Yes my annotated photo above is on the passenger side of the center console. I agree about the reach being a little weird. Using the space above the mirror adjustments is positioned much better and is far more logical since it's grouped with other mirror-related items. Thanks again!

·
Registered
Silver R4P XSE, Weather Package
1,089 Posts
There is a possibility that these folding miirrors won't work on the R4P with the Premium Package because the downward facing cameras on the outside mirrors may get in the way of the assenbly. Seems like they work fine on the SE and an XSE without the PP.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a possibility that these folding miirrors won't work on the R4P with the Premium Package because the downward facing cameras on the outside mirrors may get in the way of the assenbly. Seems like they work fine on the SE and an XSE without the PP.
Ugh, so many things to consider. I forgot about the cameras in the bottom of my mirrors. I guess I'll need to do some more research to determine if there's a model of aftermarket mirror motors which can work with XSE PP mirrors. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,792 Posts
Ugh, so many things to consider. I forgot about the cameras in the bottom of my mirrors. I guess I'll need to do some more research to determine if there's a model of aftermarket mirror motors which can work with XSE PP mirrors. Thanks!
Try contacting the CarTrimHome tech support with this question. They have always been responsive when I have asked them a question.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
154 Posts
I have the Premium Package on my Prime and just received the Prime version from CarTrimHome. Hopefully I will know if they work with the cameras within the next couple of weeks. I will post about it then.

I also ordered the power mirror switch from Japan. Hopefully I can get it working. It looks like it needs a second ground wire, which should be doable. If not, then I will just wire it to be in full time auto mode.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This wasn't for Prime but for the normal Hybrid XSE.. I ordered(still in transit) this kit from ali: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803454779500.html

I did so after validating with them that it would be compatible with the side mirror w/ cameras. It already comes with the in door(instead of button panel) switch which I needed since I have "all the features" and don't have any empty buttons. After placing the order the seller messaged/texted to validate my car model and also mentioned including two sets of harnesses because the connectors are different if you have cameras vs without.

·
Registered
'22 XSE Hybrid | Silver Sky
303 Posts
I installed the folding mirrors on mine, but took a little doing. Got the incorrect harness for the passenger door and worked with the engineer to get a correct harness, took some time for this. Then the switch for them was incorrect in the package, so I had to get a different one from the vendor. I've had it all together now for about a month now and it works as it should. I have the camera's in my mirrors. When I had to order the switch from the vendor, it was an unlighted one. But really, do you need it lighted?! For me, no, I know where the switch is located for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the folding mirrors on mine, but took a little doing. Got the incorrect harness for the passenger door and worked with the engineer to get a correct harness, took some time for this. Then the switch for them was incorrect in the package, so I had to get a different one from the vendor. I've had it all together now for about a month now and it works as it should. I have the camera's in my mirrors. When I had to order the switch from the vendor, it was an unlighted one. But really, do you need it lighted?! For me, no, I know where the switch is located for it.
Do you happen to have taken any installation pictures/have info about what the correct harnesses look like? I just don't want to be stuck in a similar installation position.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Do you happen to have taken any installation pictures/have info about what the correct harnesses look like? I just don't want to be stuck in a similar installation position.
I think I have some on my phone. The incorrect harness came with round plugs, mine needed rectangular plugs. After working with the engineer and getting the wiring correct, he had the harness configured and it was sent to me. If I remember correctly, I think the engineer said that they were going to sell their own kit on Aliexpress. I still have his info. Also, it may depend on your model, so it may be a good idea to take off your passenger door panel and look at your connections, to see if they are indeed rectangular. I still have the incorrect harness in my garage.

If you want to message me, give me your phone number and I can send you pics of the incorrect harness and correct harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I have some on my phone. The incorrect harness came with round plugs, mine needed rectangular plugs. After working with the engineer and getting the wiring correct, he had the harness configured and it was sent to me. If I remember correctly, I think the engineer said that they were going to sell their own kit on Aliexpress. I still have his info. Also, it may depend on your model, so it may be a good idea to take off your passenger door panel and look at your connections, to see if they are indeed rectangular. I still have the incorrect harness in my garage.

If you want to message me, give me your phone number and I can send you pics of the incorrect harness and correct harness.
Ok so this may be the same seller which makes me feel good about the purchase.. they specifically messaged me noting that they will send both a square(for camera) and round plug(non camera) just in-case for the passenger door.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok so this may be the same seller which makes me feel good about the purchase.. they specifically messaged me noting that they will send both a square(for camera) and round plug(non camera) just in-case for the passenger door.
Oh, that's good if they send you both. Just be prepared to take a lot apart on your mirrors, to get the new motors in.

·
Registered
Silver R4P XSE, Weather Package
1,089 Posts

Why not just post your pictures on line without getting someone's phone number, so you can help a lot of people instead of just one person?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
154 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the part from Alliexpress and will see if it fits the Prime. Given the issue around the camera and that I don't want to try and hack in the side switch, this might be a better option.

How long did shipping take?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts