Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this:

RAV4 Rear Plate Installation Instructions

I would rather have this instead of the 3M clear cover for the rear bumper. Called the dealer's part department and tried to order it, giving them the P/N (PZ415-X0521-00) from the installation instructions. They couldn't find it.

Don't know if it is an euro-part only, or what... I'm wondering if someone from Europe could check this out for me :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if someone from Canada could check also - seems like you get some accessories that we don't get...

I would guess that this would work on all models. I found the installation instructions for the clear film also, but I would rather have this instead (as you probably noticed from my first post above).

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's called rear bumper protector. CD$66.40 + tax But I don't know if the price included installation or not thou.

I don't know why toyota just put half of it on. I think I might get this while thing during the summer time.

TSQ

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I wonder how hard it would be to get this down here? Maybe I need to plan a trip up north. Spring break is just around the corner :lol:

Or someone from Canada can ship it to me (wink, wink, say no more...)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: RAV4 Rear Plate - Have P/N, but dealer can't find it...

I would rather have this instead of the 3M clear cover for the rear bumper.
Me too! Until I saw the pictures in the installation instructions that you posted, I was under the impression that the only bumper protector available was the clear film. Now that I know that I can get a black plastic/rubber one, I will get one for sure! Thanks for pointing this out.

I would offer to ship these to members in the US but I am in Winnipeg which is just north of North Dakota and the shipping would be outrageous. Hopefully someone in Vancouver will offer but if you get desparate and want to spend the money, I will do it. I will weigh and measure the box that mine comes in so that we calculate exactly what the shipping costs would be.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: RAV4 Rear Plate - Have P/N, but dealer can't find it...

Harold said:
I would rather have this instead of the 3M clear cover for the rear bumper.
Me too! Until I saw the pictures in the installation instructions that you posted, I was under the impression that the only bumper protector available was the clear film. Now that I know that I can get a black plastic/rubber one, I will get one for sure! Thanks for pointing this out.

That's what I thought too until I found this site and started searching for accessories in the US.

Harold said:
I would offer to ship these to members in the US but I am in Winnipeg which is just north of North Dakota and the shipping would be outrageous. Hopefully someone in Vancouver will offer but if you get desparate and want to spend the money, I will do it. I will weigh and measure the box that mine comes in so that we calculate exactly what the shipping costs would be.

That would be great. Might need to plan a trip up north to Vancouver... I might be able to contact a dealership there and see if they would ship a few to me and then I could reship them to members.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I found the price from www.toyota.ca From the web site, I didn't find the full list of accessories and pricing from the "Interactive Configurator" nor from the "Price Your Toyota" link.

I have to go to www.toyota.ca, click "VECHICLES", click the rav4 picture, move your mouse pointer over "RAV4 NAVIGATION" and select "ACCESSORIES".

I haven't bought any accessory yet. (even I ordered a cargo liner) So I don't know if those are avaliable to states or not.

TSQ

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent an email to a dealership in Vancouver to see if I could purchase a few of these or if they would be able to host a group buy.

I'll let you all know the outcome.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I phoned my parts guy this morning about the rear bumper protector and he said that it was only listed as an accesory for the base model. Later this morning I picked up my new V6 Limited with option package B and discovered it already has a black plastic protector installed on the rear bumber. It seems to be installed with buttons that go into holes in the rear bumper instead of using stick-on tape. It seems that the protector is only standard on the Limited models sold in Canada and not in the US but it would be good to have someone with a US Limited confirm this.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Harold said:
I phoned my parts guy this morning about the rear bumper protector and he said that it was only listed as an accesory for the base model. Later this morning I picked up my new V6 Limited with option package B and discovered it already has a black plastic protector installed on the rear bumber. It seems to be installed with buttons that go into holes in the rear bumper instead of using stick-on tape. It seems that the protector is only standard on the Limited models sold in Canada and not in the US but it would be good to have someone with a US Limited confirm this.
I've seen all models with the small bumper protector. My sport has the small one (insert joke here). From the install instructions, you would remove the small protector and install the larger one (the one that should have shipped with the RAV4 in the first place) :evil: .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Harold,

Yes, the limited comes with the protector. But it only covers half the bumper. Half the bumper toward the edge doesn't get covered.

TSQ

1 - 20 of 47 Posts