Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another article on sales.

Probably not good for those looking for discount on the RAV4. Honda, overall, really has sales issues.

Toyota
Even Toyota isn't immune to the COVID-19 pandemic. The sales behemoth posted an 8% sales decrease in Q1 this year. Sales in March year over year dropped 35%. If there's some good news, Toyota's hybrids are really catching on. The brand reported hybrid sales increased 80% in the first quarter. The RAV4 Hybrid and Corolla Hybrid led the charge. Even just in March, hybrid sales rose 9%. RAV4 sales, overall, increased 16%.

Honda
The Japanese automaker saw sales plummet 19% in Q1 after a brutal March. In the month alone, sales fell 48%. Its upmarket Acura division didn't fare much better.

Car sales plummet in Q1 due to coronavirus - Roadshow

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
The May '20 issue of Consumer Reports lists the RAV4 as sixth in the Expected Reliability category for compact SUVs. Apparently expected reliability is less important for many buyers than other criteria. When we bought our '11 RAV4 V6 is was either first or second in that mag's. reliability ratings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The May '20 issue of Consumer Reports lists the RAV4 as sixth in the Expected Reliability category for compact SUVs. Apparently expected reliability is less important for many buyers than other criteria. When we bought our '11 RAV4 V6 is was either first or second in that mag's. reliability ratings.
Do you recall where the CRV was rated ? Assume the Mazda CX5 was in the top 3.

Thanks !

In fairness, it seems CR puts emphasis on the previous year model even for the current model, imo.

Carcomplaints has the RAV4 listed with 0 complaints.

Toyota RAV4 Problems

·
Registered
652 Posts
This has been discussed here multiple times. CR reliability is a very short period - I think either 3 or 5 years, and is based on a survey - not real data. Its horse hockey to steal a phrase.

The 2 most reliable vehicles I have ever owned - and I owned both more than a decade - one for 200K+ and the other 350K+ miles which I still own - both got terrible ratings from CR reliability. One a Nissan, one a GM of all things.

Even during the height of the CR-V oil dilution issue it was still CR top pick in the category ??

Obviously your results might be different, but I will take a chance on a Toyota with a regular 4 cylinder and normal auto transmission than a small displacement engine and CVT trans - all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts