Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am looking at changing the seats in my Rav4. I have managed to get some Toyota Celica seats really cheap and I am looking to hopefully put them in to my rav4. i am hoping some of you can give me some advice about the best way of trying to fit these seats in. obviously the seat brackets are slightly different so what would be the best way of adapting these?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I have never done it but you would probably need to use the original seat mount and some how weld the Celica seat to that or fabricate some thing. Let us know if works out.
Another thing is does the Celica seat fit because if it is too tall or wide it would not work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh that makes sense actually, i had a look at the seat brackets and it looks like they are bolted one. I doubt the fittings for the brackets on to the seats will be the same but like you said i think welding it onto the seat or visa vers might be a decent enough idea.

Thanks for the suggestion i will hopefully be givig it a proper look next week to try and get it all sorted. I will take pics on the way and if i am successfull i will put them up in here. Wish me luck!

Thanks again pal.

Arjun.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Does anyone know what other Toyota vehicles are a near-direct swap? I'd like leather one day after my toddler grows up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts