Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry to start another thread about seat covers, but i'm stumped and could use some advice.

I have a 2012 RAV4 Sport V6, and got a good deal on non-leather model. So I didn't get the leather seats or the heated front seats. I pulled the trigger anyway and decided to make some upgrades! I installed the heated seats myself using some great pictures found here on another thread. Learnt a lot while doing this, and it's actually quite enjoyable.

Now, having installed heated pads under the factory cloth, I know for sure I wouldn't want to purchase Katzskin leather, although it does look great.

Now, I was almost about to pull the trigger on some Clazzio's, i've seen some pics on this forum. They're extremely tight fit, and the center portion is genuine perforated leather. My plan was to do a custom order, all black leather with light grey contrast stitching! The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that the pattern on the seat cover doesn't match the OEM pattern. I'm kinda ocd like that :laugh

Example of Clazzio: Clazzio Leather Seat Covers - Photo Gallery

After doing some more research, I stumbled apon some seat covers that are from the United Kingdom. The brands are JCseatcovers and Albert-premium. These are also fitted leather seat covers, however they are only made of full leatherette. But, the pattern of the seat cover looks nearly identical to the factory cloth. They look pretty awesome and you can customize which ever way. Also, they seem to provide a leatherette cover for the center console, which adds a touch of class. I don't believe Clazzio does this piece.

Here is an example of the Albert-premiums: Photo gallery | Tailor made car seat covers

Example of JCseatcovers: toyota RAV4 faux leather car seat covers and retrim

Prices are more or less the same. Having a hard time deciding. Full leatherette or half real leather/pvc? Clazzio's are made in Japan, and JCseatcovers are made in Italy.

Knowing all this, which ones would you guys go for? Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
jc covers look better to me. i'm not a big fan of leather but my limited came with it. the fact that there is mesh would be key for me. As when you sit down on a cold day in the winter it is freezing and a hot day it burns, with the mesh it wouldn't be as bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah! You can customize the jcseatcovers to have a cloth inner panels, they have lots of different patterns. It really gives it a sporty edge. Definitely something to consider! Making my decision all that more difficult.. but I'm pretty sure I'd be going full leatherette (jc) or leather (clazzio)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally decided to order the Clazzio leather seat covers all black with light gray stitching for my 2012 RAV4 sport model. It's a custom order so it's gonna take forever to receive them. Got a decent price from a Canadian website. I'll post some pics when I get them in a couple of months for anyone interested. I've seen the new RAV4's with their softex leather and contrasting stitching, looks great. Hope this is gonna look just as good!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally received my custom order of all black leather and light gray stitching Clazzio seat covers! Took exactly 9 weeks to get them. First thing I noticed when I took them out of the box, is the quality of the product. They feel great! They're padded on the inside and the leather is soft. Haven't installed them yet, but here is a picture of the headrests for starters. I'll post more pics as I install them, progressively. It's really cold up here right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Finally received my custom order of all black leather and light gray stitching Clazzio seat covers! Took exactly 9 weeks to get them. First thing I noticed when I took them out of the box, is the quality of the product. They feel great! They're padded on the inside and the leather is soft. Haven't installed them yet, but here is a picture of the headrests for starters. I'll post more pics as I install them, progressively. It's really cold up here right now.
Looks nice. When you've completed, post some installed pictures. How much did it cost you in C$.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in Manotick (near Ottawa) and yes it's bloody cold up here. Looking forward to the installed pics. Pressure is on... :smile

·
Registered
449 Posts
661$ exactly, tax included.
Thanks. That's a great price. Your taxes will be different from mine of course.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Manotick (near Ottawa) and yes it's bloody cold up here. Looking forward to the installed pics. Pressure is on...
Call me crazy, but I couldn't wait to see how these looked in my RAV, SO I decided to install the front driver seat only yeaterday, -15 degrees outside. The install wasn't too bad and I unbolted the seat to make things easier. I didn't even have to mold the leather to the seat that much to get that perfect look. It already looks great! Here's a few pictures, mind you, it was sunny out! I'll try to install the rest when it's a little warmer and continue posting pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Look good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW!!! That looks freaking amazing. Good on you for doing the install in the -15 degrees weather. Canadian tough. :) Go Leafs Go...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
They look fantastic! But of course now you're going to wish they were heated...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My seats are heated underneath the material, did that upgrade in the summer! With the Clazzio's, they take a little longer to heat up, but I just max it out on the highest setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool. My 2010 Limited has heated seats but they are either off or they are burn your backside off on. The ability to adjust the setting would be awesome.

Matthews1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome. Good to know that i won't have to look for a Rav4 with leather seats; i can just add the heat pad and get this kind of seat cover.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi JPL,

Did you have any issue installing the leather seats with the side airbag? I am planning to add leather seats on the passenger and driver side in the coming month. Want to make sure what to watch out for. thanks

My seats are heated underneath the material, did that upgrade in the summer! With the Clazzio's, they take a little longer to heat up, but I just max it out on the highest setting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts