Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'll be in the market to purchase a first gen rav4 as a winter car pretty soon. I'll be doing timing belt, water pump, cam/crank/oil pump seals as soon as i get the car. What brands have been proven to be reliable on these cars? The two kits I'm considering are the AISIN TKT002 and DAYCO WP199K1AS. I know the AISIN kit is toyota parts without the toyota logo, but it does not come with any oil seals. The Dayco kit is 1/3 cheaper and comes with all oil seals (oil pump, cam, crank). Anyone ever had any problems with this kit? For example, poor quality seals, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, I don't know about the Dayco kit. I got a kit from eBay that had an AISIN water pump . . . but that was 6 years ago!! There was a nice write-up with various hints/tricks to do the job, somewhere on this site I'm sure. There are some pretty tight spots to work in.

I believe the kit I got had the front crank oil seal, which I almost messed up, and I think I might have a drip once in awhile. As old as I am you'd think I would know how to do this by now. After that, I decided to leave the cam seal alone, and it's still ok. Of course, I think it's only gone about 20k miles in the last 6 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts