Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted at least 15 dealerships about a 2021 TRD build here in the North East and multiple replies state that Toyota has a stop order on the TRD trim or that they aren’t being offered in my region. Find it odd that Toyota wouldn’t offer the TRD here. I don’t mind the wait for a new build and get that supply chain has issues due to COVID but just think it’s strange that multiple dealers are stating they can’t even place an order.

·
Registered
291 Posts
varies depending on region/location most dealerships around my area i see has 1 or 2 in stock the models that sells the most they carry alot in stock LE, XLE. why hold inventory if it cant be moved quickly? best try different further location maybe state if u really wanted one but the 40k price point is hard to swallow dont get me wrong it is a nice trim.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Could be several normal reasons for not taking orders for that trim. Its late in this model year build cycle for one and they may stop that trim early to optimize production. It could be supply chain shortages for the special parts needed for that trim - special shocks, special wheels etc.

If you really wanted to know call toyota care directly. Dealers usually cant find their bottom with both hands on a good day.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Limited FWD
175 Posts
It could be due to low demand regionally. I had to special order a fwd because awd is in higher demand where I live. People seem to want the awd to head to snow country for skiing. I’m not into snow and don’t live where it snows, so I wanted fwd. Farther south they have fwd in the color combination I wanted, but I didn’t feel like driving 400 miles to pick it up.

Try looking farther from your home to see it the regional delivery situation is different.

·
Registered
861 Posts
As an anecdote, out of literally hundreds of Rav4s within an hour's drive, maybe 12 or 15 were AWD. Further, most of them were Adventure trims, and I wasn't willing to spend $5000 on unique TRD paint like I'd already done for my wife with her 4Runner. I think I bought one of only two AWD XLE Premiums in the area, and even then I had to accept a couple hundred miles on it because it came from the next state over (which, granted, saved me a good bit of money).

For another anecdote, back when the Quicksand TRD Pro 4Runners came out, they only made 2500 of them, and they built the last one mid-year (like late Spring roughly). So, it is very possible they stopped taking orders for that model year much earlier that year.

In summary, it is very possible that some areas already have low demand and, which may have been exacerbated by the major market shake-ups of 2020. Maybe Toyota temporarily cut production of the lower-demand trims, presumably like the TRD model? But, al these unique factors probably overlay an existing tendency for Toyota to produce slightly fewer TRD models than demand would predict.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took me some time to find my TRD about a month ago. I am in Northern California. I originally was looking for the Adventure model and that was non existent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts