Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to ask if what is the best offset of mags that would fit a oem flared rav4 5 door 97 model

im thinking of getting 18's with 235 55 tires ,would this fit?

is there anyplace here in osaka that still sells rav4 4.1 accesories like exhuast ? and jaos rear plate as well thanks

thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
I replaced my 215/70/16 original wheels and tyres with 235/50/18 wheels and tyres. The offset of the original wheels was +45. The new wheels have an offset of +36 so they stuck out past the guards. This only happened on the front and not the rear. Reason being theres more space in the rear wheel wells and the wheels also sit at more of a negative camber than the fronts do (you can see this in the pic below).

Because the front wheels were sticking out i got some OEM Toyota overfender flares which fixed the problem and make the car look much better. If you already have flares then go for an offset or around +35.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the pics, it gave me an idea, is 55 series not possible with the 235 18?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ic thanks alot , coz i think 50 series in our country is not so good.
235 55 18 were fitted in gen 2 rav so is it possible to fit in gen 1 ?
thanks

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17s or 18s

thanks alot sir, im still thinking of what rims to put, whether 17's or 18's, friend suggested me to just put 17s because 18's isnt that safe in the roads, but i think 17s are too small to look at in a rav what do you guys think ?

the rims if 17s is going to be bronze ce28 by volk, :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
so i was browsing through the threads and i decided to bring this one back from the grave. i was debating on purchasing a set of X-runner rims and putting them on the 4.1 2door. they are 18x8 with a offset of 30mm. i'm wondering if his would stick out too much from the wheel well to be feasable. the wheels are the same as the ones here http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97645

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: 17s or 18s

WaZ said:
thanks alot sir, im still thinking of what rims to put, whether 17's or 18's, friend suggested me to just put 17s because 18's isnt that safe in the roads, but i think 17s are too small to look at in a rav what do you guys think ?

the rims if 17s is going to be bronze ce28 by volk, :D
If you get the 17s, it'll make your wheel-gap bigger. In addition to lowering my suspension 2", I got 18s. I was gonna get the Volks TE37s in gun-metal gray, but decided to get something else from Ray's Wheels. The CE28 is nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts