Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has to have the passenger side window down from cracked to half way down. As we know, that causes helicoptering sounds/pulsating, or else you have to crack a front window which is a noisy fix. Was waiting long time for Weathertech to make some wind deflectors to try, but who knows how much longer. I saw some posters mention Wellvisors and got some. They fit well, look ok (preferred not having any), have a chrome strip that matches my RAV4 Limited and now my dog has her open window and we have relatively peace and no whooping. Highly recommend if deflectors are needed. WellVisors Side Window Deflectors Toyota RAV4 2019+ With Chrome Trim

And by the way, if you dog owners weren't already aware, Toyota hybrids have the air vent for the hybrid battery fan located on the base of the rear seat. Pretty easy to see. It's a dog hair magnet and the hair will get sucked in and eventually clog the fan. You'll then get a hybrid battery overheating warning light come on (if it's anything like my old prius). I taped some window screening over the vent opening and it catches a lot of hair. I suggest something similar or figure you will have to pull out the seats and disassemble things to clean out your battery fan in a couple years, or pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do those visors help with any wind noise even with the windows up? And when the windows are down, do they take a lot of the noise away too at higher speeds?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes and yes when cracked. Don't know about when windows are all the way down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts