Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Admin
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very exiting changes happening with Rav4World.com this week! The site will be moving from phpBB to vBulltin in an effort to make the site more feature rich and secure for you all.

The staff has had some time to play in a test version of the site and get familiar with it. The look of the site will change as well as the way it functions. I will be on hand to answer any questions about how the new platform works. vBulletin is one of the most popular software platforms on the web so at some point you would have used a vBulletin forum in the past I am sure. New posts, New threads, Private messaging etc will all still be the same it will just look a little different. You will also have a choice of forum skins. The new skin will be visible when the change happens but if you don't like it and miss the original you can toggle between a skin matching the original as close as we could get it and the new skin.

The change is expected to happen on Thursday March 3rd, 2011. With some downtime on the site between 3am to 12pm EST while we complete the final conversion.

You will need to log back in and make sure you tick the remember me box when you do. If you have questions please post them here.

·
Admin
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see if I can get that installed after we launch and get all the bugs worked out. It has been tested but will need a little extra testing from the community.

I have one for Comet Chat on another forum I admin on and it works pretty well. Will do a little research on the one you mentioned.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
NYPD said:
Also can we get a Meebo bottom bar (it's similar to facebook's in browser chat system) so we can live chat with each other.
Please, no Meebo bar, I hate those things. Unless there would be some way to turn it off in the preferences.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
junebug1701 said:
NYPD said:
Also can we get a Meebo bottom bar (it's similar to facebook's in browser chat system) so we can live chat with each other.
Please, no Meebo bar, I hate those things. Unless there would be some way to turn it off in the preferences.
Yes there is a way, all of them have an option to be offline.

·
Registered
47 Posts
junebug1701 said:
NYPD said:
I agre with this. My only request is that ability to preview threads by mousing over the topic. That way I don't have to click the topic to read what it is really about.
Thanks,

·
Admin
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far so good. Please check out the new format, if you have questions you can send me a PM I will be on the site checking all day for bugs. If you find anything funny please let me know.

·
Admin
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also if you prefer the original skin you can scroll to the very bottom of the page, look to the left and select skin1 or skin2.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looking good. Thanks for preserving the original colors as an option :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
BIG thumbs up for the new vBulletin format!! :thumbs_up:

Looks wonderful. One of the other forums I spend time on has been on this for years, it's pretty nice.

Keep up the good work. :)

1 - 20 of 193 Posts