Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
I'm still having problems with the forum read icons. Also, at times it shows me as logged off and later logged back in.
SB, I was having the same problem and think I've got it figured out. I was using my old bookmark from when RAV4World was on the other system. When I deleted it and bookmarked the "New Posts" link on the black bar, it started working normally. So to log on to RAV4World and view all new posts since your last visit, bookmark this link:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried James' suggestion to update my bookmark but all my messages continue to show as read. I do think the first time I logged in tonight, there were several unread, that is what is in my mind's eye, but I cannot swear to it. James sent me a message about updating my bookmark and when I went to look at the forum I was in (4.3 exterior) they all showed as read. I logged out, used the link in my recent email telling me I had a private message, and when I logged in, the forums shows in bold, as unread, but the specific threads all show as read and I KNOW I've never opened many of them.

I use either Safari 4.1.3 or FF (don't have it open at the moment so I cannot state the version. I'm using an older mac laptop, if that helps.

Are others still having trouble with the threads showing as read when you haven't opened them?

Thanks,
michelle

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
SB, I was having the same problem and think I've got it figured out. I was using my old bookmark from when RAV4World was on the other system. When I deleted it and bookmarked the "New Posts" link on the black bar, it started working normally. So to log on to RAV4World and view all new posts since your last visit, bookmark this link:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
I'll give this a try JB. Thanks for taking the time to look into the matter :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
I tried James' suggestion to update my bookmark but all my messages continue to show as read. I do think the first time I logged in tonight, there were several unread, that is what is in my mind's eye, but I cannot swear to it. James sent me a message about updating my bookmark and when I went to look at the forum I was in (4.3 exterior) they all showed as read. I logged out, used the link in my recent email telling me I had a private message, and when I logged in, the forums shows in bold, as unread, but the specific threads all show as read and I KNOW I've never opened many of them.

I use either Safari 4.1.3 or FF (don't have it open at the moment so I cannot state the version. I'm using an older mac laptop, if that helps.

Are others still having trouble with the threads showing as read when you haven't opened them?

Thanks,
michelle
Yes, or not read when they are read, it's really messed up.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
Well, the problem I had was when I logged in, and it re-directed me back to the main forum page, it showed that I was NOT logged in. Changing the bookmark fixed that for me.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Even when I make a post, it marks the forum unread even though it's not. If I go back in to look what is unread and see there is no unread posts, then the forum gets marked as read.

·
Registered
778 Posts
its working great for me. no complaints here

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very exiting changes happening with Rav4World.com this week!
HAHA! Freudian slip.

"Exiting" fits perfectly, because that's what I'll be doing. The changes suck.

I see Verticalscope is doing to RAV4World exactly what they did to Quattroworld years ago - ruining a perfectly good thing for their own benefit, instead of caring about the users.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have an Apple IPad Pro using iOS 12.3.1 and personally, am not having any trouble navigating or logging on or finding it difficult with anything that I use the site for. Perhaps I just don’t understand the troubles you all are having. I am pleased. But everyone may have their own opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,107 Posts
No problems either other than the lame search option, I'm using my desktop w/FF, also a Chromebook, works just fine, looking forward to them adding features. See Help at the bottom of the page, then go to the FAQs for forum navigation help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Change does not mean improvement! Personaly I find the new layout quite poor. Previously found the site quite easy to navigate and have a quick look. Now there is far too much clicking and poking around. Therefore my use has dropped quite dramaticaly.

Have registered and tried "Toyota Nation" which for my needs is marginaly better.

Bill D.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Change does not mean improvement! Personaly I find the new layout quite poor. Previously found the site quite easy to navigate and have a quick look. Now there is far too much clicking and poking around. Therefore my use has dropped quite dramaticaly.

Have registered and tried "Toyota Nation" which for my needs is marginaly better.

Bill D.
I feel the same as you Bill. I've tried to get used to it, but still find it inconvenient to use, so why bother? I'm convinced the reason for the change is all about advertising.
I too registered at Nation as the structure is the same as this used to be. Only thing is, there is hardly any traffic on the site.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts