Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
just bought an Rav4 2008 Base. I made a research about the models of the Rav4 200. all the models i got had 2.1 or 2.4 engine.
could someone guide me to the reason?

thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,690 Posts
Different engines for different countries and markets. In North America, the only two engines available were the 2.4l four-cylinder and the 3.5l V-6. The 2.4l was defective and a known oil guzzler from 2006-2008.

I've never heard of a 1.9l Toyota engine until now.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
On another post a member, if I recall SoNic67, posted that with an engine larger than 1.9 l results in a large tax increase in Europe

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
On another post a member, if I recall SoNic64, posted that with an engine larger than 1.9 l results in a large tax increase in Europe
Yes, most countries have a road tax based in part on engine displacement, with a threshold at 2.0L for petrol engines. I don’t know what the threshold is for diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I don’t know what the threshold is for diesel.
It's the same. In a weird political choice, the turbo doesn't count towards tax, and since Diesel can gain more from turbo... it's favorite. But the NOx emissions or Diesel started to become a problem. They are a bit cancerogenic. Enter SCR and DEF... unpopular because they diminish the power. Unless you are WV and can turn them off after testing, while driving.

Newer tax rules started to be added, in some countries, for the CO2 emissions of a car, in an effort to get rid of older cars. Buy-back programs were/are available at times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts