Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced my faithful 1996 Rav4 with a "newer" 2003 model.
It has been standing idle for a year or so in a damp part of England, and the windows were stuck when I got it. The windows work now but occasionally they refuse to operate, then start to work again. Can anyone explain,please? and is there anything I can do to remedy this intermittent fault?
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome! Having lived in probably even damper South Wales when we had similar problems we put an electric heater into our garage and left it all in there for a few days without opening any outside doors or windows, and left the doors open on the car, making certain that the dome light was switched off. If that didn't work I pulled the fuses which had to do with the problem, cleaned them and sprayed the fuse sockets with cleaner, and that almost always sorted out the problem. If it's sunny and warm it's easier and less expensive to park the car in the sun, rather than in the garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Blogson
Thanks for your reply. Even in warm sunshine last week it still has a problem. I think I will get a leccy to look at it.
cheers.
ravitup03

1 - 3 of 3 Posts