Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after finally making the purchase yesterday of a new XLE hybrid Rav, I'm busy reading volumes of material. In reviewing the recommended maintenance schedule I see this item listed every 30,000 miles. Is this really something more than a BS way to get you in to the shop for an expensive service? Aside from this it looks like changing oil and rotating tires is about the only real "maintenance" done the first 100K miles. My days of crawling under a car and doing my own services are over. Just wondering what this item is all about.

TIA.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My Highlander had the same item. Whenever I asked the dealer service writer about it, they looked like they'd never heard of it. I think I had it done once or twice in 96,000 miles. Probably takes longer to get it on the hoist than to torque the bolt.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
There is no drive shaft on a Hybrid Rav4, just the AWD gas models, had it done on my V6 Rav4.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no drive shaft on a Hybrid Rav4, just the AWD gas models, had it done on my V6 Rav4.
That was kinda my thought too. LoL! But it is listed in the printed warranty and maintenance guide book I received. I wonder what other non existent BS I'll be looking for. :laugh

·
Registered
229 Posts
The warranty and maintenance guide is very general. I only use it to track the logs of service I am doing before I add the records to the service history. Its actually a lot less maintenance that other cars I have had.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The warranty and maintenance guide is very general. I only use it to track the logs of service I am doing before I add the records to the service history. Its actually a lot less maintenance that other cars I have had.
I learned with my last car that the manual calls for far less service than the dealer's coupons and service specials offer. Oil changes and some annual filter changes seemed to be all that was really "required" per my manual. The coupons for regular service at 15K intervals were quite creative. LoL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts