Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to start getting quotes on the new Rav4 I want, a 2020 XLE hybrid with cold weather package. I live in Kentucky and think it would be nice to get one made here. Do we expect any quality differences or start up bumps due to the change in production areas?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I personally would want to wait a little just in case they have to work out any production bugs that can come with starting up a new car line.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think there's no way to know where your vehicle is going to be built. Mine is coming late Feb and I have no clue if it'd be from Canada or KY. Either one is fine for me.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Over time, the specific configurations that will be built in each of the three plants and for what countries will become known. I don't think we know yet. Order whenever you get a good deal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Over time, the specific configurations that will be built in each of the three plants and for what countries will become known. I don't think we know yet. Order whenever you get a good deal.
Agreed. My dealer gave me a great deal and I took it. If we are waiting for the next best thing, we will always be waiting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For those of you that grabbed one from the order pipeline, how long did it take before you were told what the VIN was? My dealer still has not told me what the VIN is (I have asked a couple times), yet it supposed to be built in 7 days. Is this normal (don't know the VIN until it is actually build maybe)?

·
Registered
811 Posts
For those of you that grabbed one from the order pipeline, how long did it take before you were told what the VIN was? My dealer still has not told me what the VIN is (I have asked a couple times), yet it supposed to be built in 7 days. Is this normal (don't know the VIN until it is actually build maybe)?
My experience was the allocated config had a dummy VIN until built that my salesguy could see and maybe a day after it was built he sent me the VIN and even a shipping date.

·
Registered
177 Posts
^^^^ Great, thanks. I want the VIN just to double check it is the config I want. I'll just wait another week or so then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My experience was the allocated config had a dummy VIN until built that my salesguy could see and maybe a day after it was built he sent me the VIN and even a shipping date.
That's my experience as well. My Limited has been allocated to my dealership and they're modifying the build specs at the factory according to my specs. I've been assigned a dummy VIN until one is available. The estimated delivery is about one month away.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If they give you a temp. VIN, enter it here Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners and you should see your vehicle. Once it is built this VIN will no longer work. The dealer should give you the real VIN and then it will work here.
Thank you. That was useful. My VIN showed the correct packages, but the other add-on such as mud-guards, body-side molding etc. are not listed. But I guess it doesn't matter. I showed that my vehicle will be manufactured in Ontario as it was first ordered in Dec.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Personally I would not want a car from a new production line from any geographic location, Japan included. Welds could be slightly off, paint systems not quite dialed in. I think the first six months would be a shake down of systems.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Or maybe there will be intensive scrutiny of every vehicle to first come off the KY line? I took one from the first quarter of production in Canada. And it is a half year later and Toyota Corporate has that much more experience to apply to starting up another line.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Or maybe there will be intensive scrutiny of every vehicle to first come off the KY line? I took one from the first quarter of production in Canada. And it is a half year later and Toyota Corporate has that much more experience to apply to starting up another line.
I bet you are fine with your vehicle from the first quarter production in Canada?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think there's no way to know where your vehicle is going to be built. Mine is coming late Feb and I have no clue if it'd be from Canada or KY. Either one is fine for me.
If the VIN starts with a J, it's made in Japan. If it starts with a 2, it's made in Canada. If it starts with a 4, it's made in the USA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys don’t know what a wait is. I signed up for a Cruiser Hybrid AWD unit around end of October last year here in Brisbane Australia and I wait still ! Contacted the dealer early last week and initial Feb 20 ( estimated) I was advised ...... well March 2020 ? So let’s see when it does eventually arrive. We’ve heard about the new plant being opened up to reduce wait times so hope it does the job !!
👏😏

1 - 20 of 36 Posts