Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend we installed the readylift kit our selves on a 2009. We had the alignment done and got some new tires too. We noticed a vibration when accelerating between 30km/h and 40km/h.
I took a look underneath for any glaring issues and notice she relocation bracket for the away bar end link is bent on one side not the other. It's too late to check it out now so waiting till the morning to triple check everything is torqued right.
Have an appointment set with a local shop that specializes in these kits but it's still two weeks out.

Anyone have any possible thoughts on what could have caused the bracket to bend?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
To keep this going, I'm going to say that I have the same issue with mine. But, in the process of installing my lift, my cv axle separated within the boot. So I'm suspecting that my cv axle is now out of balance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two weeks ago i took the bent bracket off. convinced it flat with a 5 pound sledge. Reinstalled it and made sure torques were good. Seemed to solve the issue for a couple days, then the vibration came back.

Fast forward to last week brought it to the shop. Two guys looked it all over and said it was installed correct (phew) and then noticed the engine mount bushings and lower control arm bushings were worn. They figure they are allowing the engine to move too much which then puts the cv joint at a worse angle causing the vibration. so they are going to replace those and see how that goes.

One thing the guy mentioned was that he had another customer have a similar bent bracket, contacted Ready lift and he got some replacements. So I will be trying that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts