Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys!

I have an XSE that I got in May and I have just over 4,500 miles on her now. I live in Traverse City MI right by Lake Michigan and I have very little hills to deal with. My commute is about 7 miles to work from my subdivision into town, with about seven stops. I do go into the city a couple of times per week. I did a few longer trips and mostly highway, little freeway at 75-80 MPH.

I have Fuelly and Road Trip LE that I keep track of all my fuel consumption with my XSE. The first one shows an average of 41.9 MPG and the second 41.95 MPG since I got my XSE. Eight out of ten times I filled up from Costco.

I definitely think that weather influences the MPG rate and especially wind and rain/snow, anything that goes against your vehicle aerodynamics. And of course very cold and freezing temperatures. Winter coming I expect my XSE to dip into upper 30's MPG.

Interestingly enough, I rented a regular gas XLE for a one way trip from Traverse City to Chicago O'Hare that is about 370 miles and mostly freeway, and the on board computer told me that I averaged about 37 MPG. When I filled, up my calculations were about the same too. So I was really impressed by that gas performance. I am thinking there was some tailwind that helped that too, don't really know. Was a beautiful sunny day to drive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live on hilly Vancouver Island. Freeway driving, I get 42 MPG
Off topic, but I am going to Victoria Island next month. Flying into Vancouver. Trying to decide if it's smarter to rent a car in Vancouver then take it over on the ferry or try to rent one on the island. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Off topic, but I am going to Victoria Island next month. Flying into Vancouver. Trying to decide if it's smarter to rent a car in Vancouver then take it over on the ferry or try to rent one on the island. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Renting a car in Victoria, would save you the cost of paying for ferry costs for the car. The ferry ride for a car is not cheap

41 - 43 of 43 Posts