Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom has a 97 RAV4 that is starting to fall apart. She is in the market for a 3rd gen but we are running into a quandary with the seats. From my research, there are the regular bucket seats and the sport buckets? Is that correct? She drove an 07 Limited recently that had a much nicer, deeper seat than a Limited 06 today. So far I can't see any tie to trim levels and the seat type? Does anyone have more information? She's in her 60's and takes long car drives. The seat is really important. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
I'm not aware of any difference in the seats other than cloth vs leather or manual adjustment vs power.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2007 brochure and it lists cloth as standard and leather as the only seat option on the Limited models for that year. Our 2012 RAV4 Limited has leather seats and the leather seats are VERY hard in comparison to the cloth seats in our 2007 RAV4 Limited. The difference is so drastic that I plan to either replace them or have them re-upholstered some day. If one of the RAV's your mom drove had leather and one had cloth, that could be why they felt so different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems really strange, but when you look at things like seat covers (the really custom ones) it shows two different sizes for that year (in the driver's seat), and this is from multiple companies. The seat also seems to look different in various models we see online. I wonder if anyone could measure to see? I'm starting to think I'm crazy here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts