Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing the rear brake pads for the first time on my RAV4. Not certain which replacement pads to buy. I drive this car about 10,000 miles a year, mostly short trips. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You don't give the year of the RAV4. If 2004/05 you may need a long drive pin punch to remove the pins. example: 5 Piece Long Drive Pin Punch Set.
Since your not in the rust belt you may not need the above. Just a small pin punch and grab the head side with pliers.
I did a post years ago on this site when I did mine. There is also at least on other were the gent couldn't get the pins out and bought loaded calipers. We both live in the rust belt and the job was torture.

Toyota OEM would be my pad of choice. See rockauto.com and check brake hardware to see what I'm talking about to see the pins you'll have to knock out. Also take pictures to assure correct pad reassembly. Lot's of little parts.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.