Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is rear bumper applique, what is the advantage of using rear bumper applique in rav4.

I can get for $62.00 on the ebay,.

THanks
Amy.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
amy said:
What is rear bumper applique, what is the advantage of using rear bumper applique in RAV4.

I can get for $62.00 on the ebay,.

THanks
Amy.
The rear bumper applique is just a clear sticker on the rear bumper, totally useless, just for looks.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RAVishing has an album picture of the applique that the dealer installs:

http://rav4world.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=916

It's clear and you can barely see it in the picture. You can make out the Toyota emblem and stripes. This is part of the applique. It's supposed to protect your bumper paint from scrapes when loading/unloading. Obviously, it won't protect too well from deep scrapes so you may want to get a thicker, more durable one for that. Hope the picture helps!

ravgal

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its not totally useless. Mine came with the rear bumper applique and it works great for getting my dog in and out of the back. It really does protect very well against scratches. No scratches at all on the bumper, and the dog has been in and out several times.

That being said, if you have the choice, go with the one suggested here (link above). I would have chosen this one if my Rav didnt already have the applique. From what I have heard, it is much easier to install as well. I saw some Pics here where a guy installed the Canadian one over the applique. I may do that in the future.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought that one as well and like it a lot. The customer service was pretty great too. If you don't already have them, you can order the mudguards from these guys too.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyone..I have just ordered the one bumper protector from ebay...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts