Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2016 Limited with a bunch of sensors on the front and rear bumpers. I'd like to at least protect my rear bumper with a steel bumper guard, but I need one that won't interfere with the sensors. Does such an animal (bumper guard) exist?

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one else has looked into this yet? Well, I'm gonna shop for one this weekend, and if anyone's interested, I'll let you know what I found.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm not interested, but certainly some others will be so definitely post back with what you find.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at Black Horse online. Now I just have to see in person how they position around my bumper sensors.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've seen tubular bumper guards that look like a sideways U with both ends closed. That type might afford no blockage of your sensors.

Reactions: Chaser199

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That one from Balck Horse is the type that I was referring to for the rear bumper.

Reactions: Chaser199

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bumper Protection

I've got a 2016 Limited with a bunch of sensors on the front and rear bumpers. I'd like to at least protect my rear bumper with a steel bumper guard, but I need one that won't interfere with the sensors. Does such an animal (bumper guard) exist?

Thanks.
Since I have a hitch receiver, I was able to get the "Bully Hitch Mounted Step". This provides limited protection from rear end collisions. My sensors do not seem to be affected by the bumper.

https://www.amazon.com/Bully-CR-605L-Chrome-Mounted-Utility/dp/B00Y1HGK3E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465518354&sr=8-2&keywords=Bully+Hitch+Mounted+Steps

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe I got the same one that you did, only in chrome. Mine is 3 feet long, which I was told, is a long as they come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife's CRV kept getting hit on rear corners in parking lots, so I put one on similar to the Black Horse style. The hitch mounted one wouldn't protect in those situations. I will look into the Black Horse one and check with dealer if it affects sensors. Probably would help protect expensive sensors in a parking lot dent match, also.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I believe I got the same one that you did, only in chrome. Mine is 3 feet long, which I was told, is a long as they come.

Can you post pix of your install please? :wink

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Looks good back there! :wink

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, but it looks better in person.

It was literally the only rear bumper protection I could get that wouldn't interfere with the sensors. I went to this huge place, if they had something, they would have tried to sell it to me. Also, nothing on the market will work on the front because of the sensors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
update

brought the Bumper Thumper Ultimate and install on the front with license plate, it adds about 2 inches to the front. Front parking sensors did not go off, it blocks a little bit of the front camera view and shows a small black rectangle in the front of the car when looking at the lcd screen. I would recommend this license plate bumper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts