Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered the bumper protector from Ebay? The bid price is $57.99 and shipping is $8.99. There are 15 available. I finally deceided to purchase one of these after I noticed a few scratches on the bumper.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought it too. it's nothing fancy but does its job. easy installation, protects the bumper from minor scratches. can't complain.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today i have ordered rear bumper protector on Ebay..(Deland Toyota).
Should be receiving shortly..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those who have this installed, can you please post a picture from the rear of the RAV with the gate closed? I'd just like to see how the black overlap on the bumper looks from a rear point of view. Thanks in advance!

ravgal

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quickdtoo said:
You're welcome!! :D
Thanks for the pics. I just ordered mine also. I went to the dealer 1st and they did not have it. The applique they had for the rear bumper does not offer much protection. I had side mouldings applied about a week ago. Today I also ordered a dimming rear view mirror with compass from the dealer for $224. + 2 hours of labor for the install. I could have installed it myself but now I know it will be done in 2 hours without any problems for me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I want to get that bumper protector, but I have a couple of questions.

1.Is the bumper protector a long piece of hard plastic or is it like a sheet of plastic?

2. Does it cover the one that came with the RAV or do you need to take the old one off?

3. It looks like it screws on, is that correct?

4. Any problems?

Thanks to all !!

·
Registered
91 Posts
sooperedd said:

1.Is the bumper protector a long piece of hard plastic or is it like a sheet of plastic?

2. Does it cover the one that came with the RAV or do you need to take the old one off?

4. Any problems?

Thanks to all !!
1. Its preformed, rigid and pretty sturdy once installed

2. Yes it covers the stock, no need to peel off the stocker

3. It uses the current clips that hold the factory one down, just carefully pull up the middle of the clip and pull it out of its hole.

4. Not if you take your time to install. Clean the bumber, peel the tape off, carefully line up the holes to match the bumper before letting the guard touch the paint and then press it evenly down (I sat on the guard in a few spots to make sure all the mounting tape had made contact with the bumper). :D

Get it, use your rear gate without worrying about scratching the paint, be happy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks Master.

I saved the link and I will definitely get one. I have a Mitsubishi Expo and the bumper is all torn up from lifting things in and out of it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sooperedd said:

4. Any problems?

Thanks to all !!
I just installed the OEM-POC (piece of crap) bumper protector. It's nothing more than a thick, clear plastic decal. I simply can not get my head straight that I actually put good money into this thing.. Try as I might, I could not avoid getting some tiny air bubbles under the surface, which now looks cheap. The OEM instruction sheet advises that if this happens, to remove it and install a new protector!!! Yeah right, and flush another $40 down the toilet with a good chance this will happen again.
Go with the Deland and read other posts on tips to avoid bumper paint damage or the Canadian version which seems to have far less issues.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Bumper Protector

Lots of posts on this topic and concerns about Deland / USA version damaging paint. Look at my album for detailed pics on the Canadial version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bumper protecter

It has been a while since I have been on here. I ordered that crappy flim bumper protector for the bumper and I send that thing right back to Lou Fusz Toyota ( they have pretty goods prices on parts ) and they wear pretty good regarding the return. No restocking fee or anything. Anyway I wanted to know which bumper protector is better regarding fit and protection. I see there is a difference between the two. Can anyone advise. Thanks...... :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts