Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i have just installed a camera to help in reversing and parking of my RAV4.
However, i am trying to locate the parking sensors power cable which are already installed on my car so that the camera powers on when i put the reverse.

Anyone has any idea of how to locate this cable (parking sensors power cable) or may be the reverse light power cable?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dead easy. Locate your parking sensor central unit ( often a black plastic box tucked behind the rear light cluster). There will be five sets of wires connecting to it. One each from each of the reversing sensor (total of four) units (often black and labelled LL, RR, LM, RM) and a connection to reversing white light (power cable, often red (+ve) and black(-ve)). This red and black cabel is the one you want.
If your parking sensor is an origional Toyota part then it is small enough to fit behind the rear light cluster on one side. How to reach that space?. On the rear compartment on each side you will find a storage space with a pull down flap. Remove the flap. Look inside. There is yet anpther black flap inside the compartment. Pull that out. Reach with your hand behind the black flap site and you are there! Pull out the central unit gently (without dislodging the wires or connections) and look at the connections to the central unit and it will become quite clear. Good luck. By the way how much did the back camera cost and what make is it ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Chris,

Do you have those photos anywhere else as they appear to have been removed from the other forum.

I'd be interested to see one of the camera unit and also one of whereabouts you have mounted it.

Al.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts