Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of threads on this issue and I understand it can be covered by a Warranty Enhancement Program (or Special Policy Adjustment) which allows for a no-charge replacement of the coupling part(s) 9-years from the date of first use. This extension was first provided in Canada and then in the US as WAB 1290 / SPA 960.

For my 2006, I'm out of luck.

HOWEVER, now, in the States, this coverage has been extended to April 30th, 2017 for all 3rd Generation RAV4s, regardless of year or mileage.

SO, MY QUESTION:

HAS ANYONE IN CANADA BEEN ABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS APRIL 30TH EXTENSION? AND, IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS?

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have spent all of today calling Toyota Canada and my local Toyota dealership.

They are refusing to help me out saying that it won't apply to a 2006 in Canada.

They are saying Toyota USA is different and it doesn't matter what they offer.

I have now sent Toyota Canada a tweet and a post on FaceBook... waiting for a response.

The rep at Toyota Canada was rude and refused to let me speak to anyone else when I asked and then proceeded to hang up the phone on me. I was quite surprised as I was very nice to them.

I'm also awaiting some help from someone else here....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks shemsey. I got denied at Toyota Town London today. The mechanic was great (he mentioned that someone else had called about the same thing ... you, perhaps?), but he just could not find any documentation of the extension.

I then called Toyota Canada, but was also unimpressed with the customer service there. They told me I'd have to go to a dealership. I pressed for documentation to which they might refer me, but she just shut me down.

It's not looking too hopeful. But, I'm very curious if you get anything back from your tweet or fb post.

Keep me posted? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
some Rear Diff Coupler Warranty Enhancement History

...HOWEVER, now, in the States, this coverage has been extended to April 30th, 2017 for all 3rd Generation RAV4s, regardless of year or mileage.

Well, there really hasn't been any new additional coverage in the USA, just what ToyotaUSA finally came up with. Here is how it (strangely) played out:

Toyota Canada first covered this rear diff coupler problem in early 2014, and it was for 9 years from date of first service. But nothing in the USA.

Almost two years later, in late 2015, ToyUSA finally issued Warranty Enhancement ZF4 which covered USA RAVs. It was more generous in that is covered all RAVs regardless of mileage, through April 30, 2017, and then covers everything from 9 years from first date in service also regardless of mileage. ToyUSA also will cover any repairs made prior to the Warranty Enhancement. So ToyUSA was late to the game, but perhaps more comprehensive overall. ToyCanada being stingy now for some reason.

If in Canada, I'd be placing calls to the powers that be. The squeaky wheel (err...growly rear diff coupler) gets the grease, as they say. If in USA, better act very soon (like by April 30 for 2006 and 2007 models) and soon for all other gen 4.3 models as the 9 year clock is ticking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts