21 - 35 of 35 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hit_the _road said:
(...) There's a
peel off backing to expose the "stick-um". You also have to pull out
the plastic tab so the batteries (included) make contact.
Thanks to the suggestions here, I bought a silver one, which blends nicely with the ash interior of my RAV. I chose to attach a velcro square to the back of it rather than using the gummed backing for fear that the adhesive back would leave a residue. At least that way I can reposition it. And it's very bright, with a cool bluish light.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hit_the _road said:
OK......got mine in.

It comes in different colors, but this one blends right in. There's a
peel off backing to expose the "stick-um". You also have to pull out
the plastic tab so the batteries (included) make contact.

Thanks again Ken. You saved the day.
Glad I was able to be of help.
It looks pretty good the way you did it. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dome light

Could we use the acc. out let in the back for a light connection? I have seen several lights that plug in to these outlets. Th only draw back would be if the acc outlet is not powered with the key in the off postion.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, I already looked at that. I do have a small 12 volt light in a
plastic box that would plug right into that outlet. But, like you say,
you'd have to run up front and turn the key on before it will light.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Re: Dome light

TICMXMAN said:
Could we use the acc. out let in the back for a light connection? I have seen several lights that plug in to these outlets. Th only draw back would be if the acc outlet is not powered with the key in the off postion.
I have a light that we got at Wal*mart that plugs into the power outlet...but, this will be used for emergencies. Like you said...the power won't work with the engine off.

We checked our Auto Zone yesterday...and, they didn't have the dots. We're going to have to get one off of the Internet...there are no other stores in our area listed on their site that supposedly carries them. We have been to Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, Walmart, and Target.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

We checked our Auto Zone yesterday...and, they didn't have the dots. We're going to have to get one off of the Internet...there are no other stores in our area listed on their site that supposedly carries them. We have been to Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, Walmart, and Target.
I think Amazon. com carries them....or I can pick one up for you &
send it out. They're about $10 and include the batteries.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I know why it is... say you reach to open the tailgate. In the process of swinging it open, water sprays from the door and hits your crotch and face. The light illuminates the water off your face or glasses so you know you should wipe it off. Then now you look down and see... oh look.... your crotch is wet. Now that you can see it clearly, it just saved you from embarrasing yourself and the supermodel you took on your date will not know the difference now that you are able to reach for the hair drier stuffed in the compartment which (thanks to Toyota's insight) you can plug in at the rear and dry youself off.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

hit_the _road said:
I think Amazon. com carries them....or I can pick one up for you & send it out. They're about $10 and include the batteries.
Thanks! I'll check Amazon.com. If there are any problems...I may take you up on your offer! Thanks again!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I checked the link a provided above...You can try Auto Barn, which is also on the link.

bEcKs

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you both! I had checked into both of these sites! I have no idea why I haven't ordered them yet? LOL! I guess I am not in a hurry...YET!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts