Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the above part,as here in the UK a limited length strap was used so the door did not open to a full 90 degrees,so that the lights were not covered when the rear door was opened,so virtually everywhere else had a decent access to the rear compartment but us,alternatively anyone got one for sale?

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Courtesy of "Pete from the UK" 8)

The USA version is about seven inches long compared to six inches or so for the UK version. The Toyota part number of the USA (Global?) version is 68650-42040 and its designation is 'Check Assembly, Back Door'. The part cost me approx 80 dollars (US) and shipping and insurance was about 17 dollars (US). My part was obtained through friends of mine in the USA who was kind enough to purchase the part on my behalf at a USA Toyota dealer and ship it to me. I have checked with my local dealer today (6th Nov 2001), and the part number 68659-42040 does not appear on the UK Toyota parts listing. It therefore looks although an overseas source for the part was indeed necessary be that stateside or in Continental Europe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts