Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the red areas shown on the rear door cladding below are empty space? Might need to drill into that area and need to be sure there's nothing in the red areas.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had already taken the rear door interior trim off to see whats going on on the inside of the door but all you can see is sheet metal

So i just went down to the car and popped off the cladding from the outside...just enough space to take a shot. Looks like drilling between the number plate lights shouldnt be a problem

And i'm not going to put a camera in the rear door...going for some parking sensors. Gonna be positioned like this

S

·
0 Posts
not to go off on a tangent here but there are a couple of cool back up cameras available that don't require drilling holes.
there's one in a license plate holder that comes with a little 3 1/2 inch screen you can suction to your dash. or you can do a hitch cam.
i've been thinking about doing one of those temporarily until we update the stereo to one with a screen. i get nervous backing out of my driveway.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just a thought......
When I had my '98, I routed a CB radio coax out the right rear taillite grommet, into the opening between the door and cladding by the hinges, and up under the rear cladding to a small hole I made in the cladding directly below the spare where it wouldn't show......My CB antenna mounted to an L-bracket, which mounted to the spare mount.....not that it matters in this case....
But you might consider the routing.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts