Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the door handle beside the tail lights came in black in USA. Also with the black piece beside the right side tail light.

In the Japanese models it came in RED/MAROON. See pic below. I have been trying to find a part number so I can order it for my RAV. My research has picked up some numbers from a JAPANESE website but there are so many numbers and I am not sure which one I really need also if the items coming will be the RED/MAROON. Anybody has any info, please share.

Also is there a good website to get parts from Japan that you are aware of?

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Toyota part numbers have a 2 character suffix for color. For example:

COVER, SPARE SWITCH HOLE
55539‑52060‑B0 DK.GRAY (BLACK)
55539‑52060‑B1 GRAY
55539‑52060‑E3 SAND BEIGE

So 58805-0R010-B1 is a gray panel, while 55449-42010-B0 is a dark gray (charcoal black) panel. I don't know the code for maroon.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Also is there a good website to get parts from Japan that you are aware of?
I have seen some in the past but the prices were ridiculous. To find the part number you can go to this site and enter a RAV4 for the Japanese market:

ToyoDIY.com

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota part numbers have a 2 character suffix for color. For example:

COVER, SPARE SWITCH HOLE
55539‑52060‑B0 DK.GRAY (BLACK)
55539‑52060‑B1 GRAY
55539‑52060‑E3 SAND BEIGE

So 58805-0R010-B1 is a gray panel, while 55449-42010-B0 is a dark gray (charcoal black) panel. I don't know the code for maroon.

Thank you so much.

The Red was just the extension of the tail lights and it was supposed to complement the tail lights and it came with any color RAV4. I have never seen other colors.
I am having several businesses looking into it for me right now.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Thank you so much.

The Red was just the extension of the tail lights and it was supposed to complement the tail lights and it came with any color RAV4. I have never seen other colors.
I am having several businesses looking into it for me right now.
What about the frame around the tail lights, it is black or red on yours?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the frame around the tail lights, it is black or red on yours?
It is same as the one shown in the Japanese picture above. the frame is black but the frame around the three blocks/shades of lights is dark red/maroon.

After doing research I am not finding a "painted" version. I guess it is supposed to be painted on later.
I am working to figure out what color code it might be. It is supposed to match the dark red/maroon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts