Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Rav4. Here's the situation. Up until a few days ago this is what would happen: Leaving work I'd click the door lock twice on the key and all doors would unlock. I would open the rear door and put my backpack on the back seat. The door would lock after starting the vehicle, putting it in gear and driving home. I'd drive into my garage, put the vehicle in drive and turn the key off. I'd leave the key in the ignition. I'd open the driver's door, get out, close that door and then open up the rear passenger side door to get my backpack.

Now what happens is when I pull into the garage and shut down as before, when I try to open the rear passenger door it is locked.

What's going on. Did I hit a switch somewhere to cause this?

·
0 Posts
Because the default is set to unlock front door only, unless you hit the remote button twice. Then when it locks and unlocks, it will unlock to the default (front doors only).
To change this,, go to the vehicle setup screen (on the radio), and change the default to Unlock all doors (not sure how the wording is).
So now when you hit the unlock once, it will unlock all the doors. And after the automatic lock/unlock happens, it will unlock all the doors. That will be the new default.

I did this to mine about a year ago.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maybe the child-protector lock has been set. Does the rear door on the passenger side behave in the same way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts