Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy friends!
A friend of mine broke the outside door handle on the right rear door of my 2011 RAV4. I ordered a new handle and installed it today. Everything was going well on replacing the handle, I even tested the handle before putting the door back together and it appeared to work.
Now everything is on and the handle only works from the inside. The outside handle won't open it. In trying to fix that issue, I turned my child lock on for that door so now I can't open the door at all.
Another post on this forum said to remove the door panel to gain access to opening the door. They were discussing an older model—a '97 I believe—so I'm not sure if it's possible to remove the panel with the door shut on mine (a 2011).
Any tips on how to disengage the child lock and get my door opened? Please and thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might be able to pull the bottom of the door panel out enough to be able to lift it out of the window channel, if you have at least an inch of clearance between the closed door and the seat part of the back seat.

If you don't have the inch of clearance, you'll have to find a way to remove the passenger's rear seat without having access to an open door for more clearance.

Good luck. Skinny hands are a plus in this case.

Have a good day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts