Symptoms:
- Feels very hard on even small bumps
- Back end feels loose
- Camber looks a bit too negative with tops of wheel pointing inward
- Rear tires wearing down incredibly fast
- Leans to the right and is exactly
* In rear it's 0.5 inches higher on the left side compared to the right
* In front it's 0.4 inches higher on the left side compared to the right

Recent fixes to the rear: I replaced the rear struts with exact match OEM Tokico about 2,000 miles ago and they seem to be just fine.

Observations:
- I pushed down on each corner of the car, rocked it back and forth and did some driving test procedures and the struts all seem fine. They work as they should. I do not feel the struts are the problem here.
- Upon visual inspection, I don't see anything that stands out as being the problem. The coils don't look broken, nothing appears bent or damaged.

Any and all advice here will be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little help with this will be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else had a similar phantom issue? What would you do to diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the tyre wear even? How fast is fast? What make of tyre? If the tyre wear is uneven id be tempted to get the alignment checked. If you think the camber is out then alignment is a good place to start. Did it get worse or better after you changed the dampers?

Check the ride height against the technical specs document. Sounds like the springs could be super saggy and you are hitting the bump stops, so you are not getting any cushioning from the spring. That would make it feel hard and skittish on the back end.

if its on original springs id guess they are approaching the end of their life. Mine where pretty worn when i replaced them and the car had only doen 140K KM's

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts