Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a straight answer regarding installing a rear facing convertible seat in the RAV4 2017 using the LATCH (UAS) system. On Pg 61 of the User Manual it shows a seat being installed using the LATCH anchors, however all of the references are soley to a Front Facing seat. The first mention of a rear facing seat is in the section 'Installing a Rear Facing Seat unsing the Seatbelt'.

I called Toyota Canada today, they said that they cannot recommend instlalling a rear facing seat using LATCH as the user manual does not show how to install it.

Has anyone had a rear facing seat professionally installed using the LATCH (UAS) system in a RAV4? Can anyone see a reason why it would be OK to install with a seatbelt and not with the LATCH (UAS) system?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob_G thanks for the link. I think you misunderstood my question. I know how to install my seat with LATCH, Toyota are telling me I can't do it, I wanted to know why.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Hey Rob_G thanks for the link. I think you misunderstood my question. I know how to install my seat with LATCH, Toyota are telling me I can't do it, I wanted to know why.
I'm sure there's no reason you can't, but Toyota's lawyers are telling them to tell you they don't recommend it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah exactly JuneBug. That's my issue. I said to the guy on the phone. Can you just tell me if it's safe or not instead of covering your ass, he said he could only tell me what was in the manual

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts