Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started having trouble with rear hatch opening (power version). First it was slow. Now it won't open at all unless I pull on hatch. Made appt. with Toyota (under warranty thank goodness!). Anyone else have same issue?

QUICK FIX So I reset the system using the PBD settings in the Multi Information Display and lift gate now works. (Turned OFF then ON). Not sure if it is still slower than before, but it works. Keeping my appt with Toyota though.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
Might help to know what year and model you have. This is a known issue in 2016 and is discussed in a number of threads here. There's a bulletin and free replacement of the ECU unit.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
Just make sure the dealer has the "power rear door ECU" unit in stock or you'll waste a trip.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is this issue limited to 2016 MY RAVs?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brought in 2016 RAV4 LtdHybrid for liftgate issue. At first, I was told there was a recall. Then I was informed that my car was not in the recall and I could be charged $130. When done, Toyota claimed that the problem was that the rubber mat was stuck in the lock. I pointed out the following; 1. This had happened at least twice. 2. The mat was form fitting from Toyota 3. The mat, after having been 'stuck the lock' for over a week showed no crimps or tears. That's one strong mat! The result: I was not charged, my gate works (I don't think as well as before), they greased the lock and I predict I will need to return to Toyota very soon. Such a shame...I LOVE THIS CAR!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts