Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever have issue with there's ....... Had a couple oil drops in my driveway ..... My mechanic said it's the main seal .... 09 4cy with 112k ..... I thought this was a little early for this ...... What should I do

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Next oil change try a high mileage oil which has additives that may help swell the seal. In any case I would just live with the problem.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Any one ever have issue with there's ....... Had a couple oil drops in my driveway ..... My mechanic said it's the main seal .... 09 4cy with 112k ..... I thought this was a little early for this ...... What should I do
Rear seals used to be a common problem many, many years ago. It's been forever since I've heard anyone with that problem, although it's certainly possible. I'd say a second opinion is in order here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work next to the shop that does my work .... I trust him .... I did say he wanted to clean it up but to see if this is the problem .... He couldn't think of anything else it could be ..... It's a family car I don't beat on it .... It does see a lot of use.... My drive to and from work is 31 miles one way ..... It just started leaking ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts