Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm look for a rear parcel shelf ( rav4 1998) can some one point me the right place, Thanks Twizz

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums Twizz. :D I too have a 1998 RAV, but do not know what a rear parcel shelf is? Can you give a better description so that we can help you out. Are you referring to the rear cargo cover? The one that I have is not quite a shelf, as it is made of a soft vinyl like material whose sole purpose is to hide what is in the cargo area.

I know that the later model RAVs 2001+ has a hard parcel shelf though. :wink:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yes I'm referring to the rear cargo cover. :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi fellow UK Raver,there are currently 2 covers for the 3 door series 1 on Ebay as we speak.........thats where I got mine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi can you please give me the link as I can not find. Thanks twizz

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parcel shelf

It's also known as the tonneau cover. I found out today that I can still get it from my Toyota dealer approx £38.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been looking for a cargo net to stop everything falling out when I open the back.

I also saw on a car something that was like 8inch of cloth hanging from a bar running accross the back opening that I assumed velcro'd to the carpet that stopped stuff falling out.

Any-one seen either of these is the UK

(Incidentally I got around the parcel shelf issue (Security) by tinting the back windows)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that goes over the top of the seats (not sure what you'd want it for?) I'm after something for the bottom of the back opening

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ag0w said:
I've been looking for a cargo net to stop everything falling out when I open the back.

I also saw on a car something that was like 8inch of cloth hanging from a bar running accross the back opening that I assumed velcro'd to the carpet that stopped stuff falling out.
This is probably what you are referring to:

Here is one on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7970361714&category=63690&sspagename=WDVW

You could also probably get one at your local Toyota dealer parts department. I got mines like the one pictured above from a Honda Odyssey, and it fits perfect on the rod that connects the back end of the factory tonneau cover. Works great when grocery shopping and holding lightweight cargo. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Australia the later model came with a hard kind of parcel shelf. I see there is slide out one you can get here.

Anyone know if you can get either type cheaply in Aus.?

Thanks'

·
Registered
196 Posts
ag0w said:

Any-one seen either of these is the UK

(Incidentally I got around the parcel shelf issue (Security) by tinting the back windows)
I have a Toyota supplied rear parcel shelf in my 3 door UK 4.1. The kit included the lower section which you refer to. I will get some pictures in a few weeks when I am back in the U.K., as long as my car has not floated away...

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I saw that pic before...
They are hard to source for the 3dr model... If I could find one i'd pick it up ASAP... :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Must have been another pic. I only took it last Saturday.

I am in Aberdeen at the moment, but when I get back to London I will see if I can find the part number for it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any idea where to find a cargo cover for a four door?? Mine doesn't have one but still has the channel on the back door. Someone mentioned making his own. How??

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Here is what Ive done with mine... I used 8mm ply and made up a hinged shelf. the contour you see needs to be there so that you can lift the shelf up out of the way if you need to put larger items in...

</img>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts