Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has owned a 4.2 model Rav noticed that the rear privacy glass on the windows are not as dark on the new 4.3 models? My 05 had darker windows in the back. I've had several people I know that has looked at my new ride and has commented about this. I am pretty sure that the 4.2 models had what would be considered as 20% tint if you were comparing it to window tint because I had my 2 front windows tinted on the other one and they were done at 20% and matched perfectly. The windows on this model looks to be about 30% because I just had my two front windows tinted on this one at 35% (damn legal law in georgia now) and the back windows are just barely darker.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is a pitty because any window behind the driver and passenger window can be as dark as 5% here in Canada. I'm so used to having 20% on my vehicles.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what the % here in Georgia is for the back windows. I think you can have anything you want but what I really hate is only being able to go 35% on the front windows. Georgia just passed that crappy BS law last year and it's a $1000 fine if they find out you have anything darker than 35% on the front.

·
Registered
149 Posts
At least you are not in CA. By law you cannot put any aftermarket tint on either driver or passenger side windows, unless you have a release from a doctor indicating your vision is poor and the glare/brightness needs to be muted. It is only a "fix it" ticket if you get stopped by law enforcement.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just got my front drivers and passenger windows tinted today. The tint guy said the factory privacy glass is about 30% light transmission (definitely lighter than 4.1 or 4.2 privacy glass). The Madico Onyx metallic tint (Lifetime fade warranty) they used came in 5, 20, or 35 so I chose the 35 to avoid complications with po-po. Came out good but just slightly lighter than the back windows. 8) Pics soon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
cusack said:
Anyone that has owned a 4.2 model RAV noticed that the rear privacy glass on the windows are not as dark on the new 4.3 models? My 05 had darker windows in the back. I've had several people I know that has looked at my new ride and has commented about this. I am pretty sure that the 4.2 models had what would be considered as 20% tint if you were comparing it to window tint because I had my 2 front windows tinted on the other one and they were done at 20% and matched perfectly. The windows on this model looks to be about 30% because I just had my two front windows tinted on this one at 35% (damn legal law in georgia now) and the back windows are just barely darker.
What do you think New York law must allow more than 70% of light in. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts